June 07, 2016 (Lachine, QC) – Marc Antoine Soucy (Can) Garneau Quebecor claimed the first round of the 39th annual Mardis Cyclistes de Lachine series that got underway this evening in the Montreal suburb. Soucy’s teammate, Olivier Brisebois, finished second for a strong Garneau-Quebecor team showing with Felix Cote Bouvette (Can) H&R Block Pro Cycling in third and his teammate Bailey McKnight 4th.
The four riders got away and never looked back coming within 30s of the course record that pays $15,000 to anyone that can break it. As the foursome approached the finish line Soucy attacked for win.
Luce Bourbeau (Can) SAS-Macogep-Acquisio topped the women’s field with Raphaele Lemieux (Can) IBike in second and Amelie Bruneau (Can) The Cyclery-Opus third.
A big crowd was on hand with Frank Parisien (Devinci), a former WorldTour rider, the most renowned veteran on start line. Cycles Neron, announced as the incumbent organizer when founder Tino Rossi retires, had a big presence with a double tent and trailer on site.
1. Marc Antoine Soucy (Can) Garneau Quebecor 1:39:00
2. Olivier Brisebois (Can) Garneau Quebecor
3. Felix Cote Bouvette (Can) H&R Block Pro Cycling
4. Bailey McKnight (Can) H&R Block Pro Cycling
1. Luce Bourbeau (Can) SAS-Macogep-Acquisio p/p
2. Raphaele Lemieux (Can) IBike
3. Amelie Bruneau (Can) The Cyclery-Opus
Full results here.