[dater] (Essemara, Morocco) – The Canadian National/RaceClean Team continued its Morocco campaign yesterday with the 140km GP Al Massira, part of the Les Challenges de la Marche Verte. Halifax, NS-native Edward Walsh was the top Canuck, finishing 15th, six seconds back.
Canadians Adam Jamieson (Team Canada/An Post Chain Reaction) and Derek Gee (Canadian National/Race Clean) finished 55 seconds back in 24th and 34th places, respectively. Jay Lamoureux (Canadian National/Race Clean) finished 48th, 18:26 back, while Bayley Simpson (Canadian National/Race Clean) rounded out the Canadian finishers in 51st, 18:31 down.
The Les Challenges de la Marche Verte are a series of three one-day races held in Morocco since 2010. Each race is a UCI 1.2 event and are part of the UCI Africa Tour. The GP Al Massira marks the end the 2017 series.
1. Ahmet Orken (Tur) Torku Sekerspor 3:54:50
2. Mounir Makhchoun (Mar)
3. Salaheddine Mraouni (Mar)
4. Thomas Vaubourzeix (Fra) Nice Pro Cycling Team
5. Umberto Marengo (Ita) Delio Gallina Colosio Eurofeed
6. Richard Haughton (Gbr)
7. Soufiane Sahbaoui (Mar)
8. Lucas Carstensen (Ger)
9. Ivan Balykin (Rus) Torku Sekerspor
10. Zahiri Abderrahim (Mar) 0:02
15. Edward Walsh (Can) Team RaceClean Canada 0:06
24. Adam Jamieson (Can) Team RaceClean Canada 0:55
34. Derek Gee (Can) Team RaceClean Canada
48. Jay Lamoureux (Can) Team RaceClean Canada 18:26
51. Bayley Simpson (Can) Team RaceClean Canada 18:31
DNF Aidan Caves (Can) Team RaceClean Canada