February 26, 2008 – This is your last chance to register for the Learn to Race Road clinic hosted by the Team Giant Canada/Team Whistler women’s club – registration is filling up, so don’t miss out!
Registration for clinic opens at 9:30am. Clinic starts promptly at 10am. $30 clinic fee. For registration details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. The Fort Wine Co is located on the www.escapevelocity.bc.ca Spring Series #1 Course, just off River Road, Fort Langley.
In the Fort Winery lunch room:
– Introductions — 10am
– Spring Series Overview – with Austin MacDougall, Spring Series Race – Director — 10:15am
– Racing Basics – How to”¦Register, Preparation, Nutrition and Hydration,
– Equipment and Apparel, Racing, Tactics and Q & A – 10:30am to 11:45pm
15 minute break — eat, drink, washroom and get ready to ride outside!
Outside on River Road course:
– 12pm to 1pm
– Warm up, double pace lines, echelons, and skills
– Race simulation
– Bicycle in perfect riding condition – No Time Trial bars. Fenders are okay for clinic, but will not be permitted for any races
– Clothing for rain or shine
– Spare tubes and pump
– H20 and food for “˜on bike’ portion of the ride
Tea, coffee, snacks and lunch will be available at the Fort Wine Co, as well as free wine tasting for adults! (After the clinic please!)
Gleukos brand drink mix will also be available for you to sample at the clinic.
Please pre-register for the clinic — email email@example.com for details.