February 12, 2011 – Lapierre Canada is extremely proud to announce its line up for 2011. The Team will consist of Cross Country, Road and Downhill stars looking to make a huge impact at Provincial, National and World cup events. Jon Kinsie will be returning after an excellent season where he found himself on the Nationals Elite XC podium. Some exciting new additions to the team include Brent Berger (multiple Ontario Cup Champion) and Kaitlin Michener, the U23 Ontario Road Series Champion.
“We ready for 2011! With one of the top mountain bike teams in Canada we look to have race veterans like Jon Kinsie and Brent Berger foster many of our great young additions into great competitors and citizens of the sport,” team director Peter Appleton stated.
The Cross country team will be using a mix of full suspension and hardtail full carbon bikes, including the Xcontrol 700 and Sensium 400 road bike. Whereas the DH team role out the most anticipated DH bike of the 2011 season, the new “Pendbox” DH 920, created by 10 time DH World Champion Nico Voullioz.
Team Lapierre Canada has a full schedule with stops at Ontario Cup, Canada Cup, US Open, East Coast Open, Canada Games and select World Cup events. “Along with the help of amazing sponsors like POC Helmets, Hutchinson tires and Raceface Components the team will not have to worry about have the best possible equipment for the job,” boasted Appleton.
2011 Lapierre Canada Roster:
– Kaitlin Michener: XC and Road – 3rd XC Provincial Champs and U23 Ontario Road points champion
– Jon Kinsie – XC and Road: Top 3 XC Canada Games, Top 3 XC National Championships
– Brent Berger – XC: 3 time Provincial Champion
– Kelsey Krushel- XC: Multiple Ontario Cup podiums
– Matt Farquarson – XC: 1st overall Sr Ex Ontairo, 3rd Sr Ex Canada Cup
– Josh DeCloet – XC and DH: Top 10 Canada Cup, multiple Ontario O-Cup podiums.
– Sidney Slootegraf – DH and 4X: Top 5 East Coast Open, Top 10 Canada Cup DH
– Taylor Rowlands – DH: Top 5 East Coast Open, Top 25 US Open
– Robert Bailey – DH: Multiple Ontario wins and podiums.
The team will be managed by Peter Appleton, Brent Berger and is supplied by www.kmi.ca