The women’s elite race was a bit tighter with just two seconds separating the top three riders on the 5K waterfront course. Nanaimo’s Janna Gillick of Team ATAC finished first in 7:35 minutes, Victoria’s Megan Rathwell of Broad Street Cycles was second in 7:36 and Maple Ridge’s Maggie Coles-Lyster was third in 7:37.
Just over 100 riders from junior to elite tested their time trialling mettle on a night with lighter winds than the waterfront route usually offers. Full results will be posted here.
The Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series continues tomorrow in Metchosin when Buskosky and Gillick carry the Ominium orange leader’s jersey to the Cheemos Perogies Cycling Classic where Coles-Lyster will defend her 2015 road race win.
The 2016 Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series include:
– EnergyLab Dallas Road Time Trial, Friday, June 3 (6 pm to 9 p.m.) Dallas Road
– Cheemos Perogies Cycling Classic, Saturday, June 4 (starting at 7:30 a.m. to about approximately 1:30 p.m.) at Liberty Road in Metchosin
– Russ Hay’s/Accent Inns Grand Prix / BC Criterium Championships – Sunday, June 5 (starting at 8 a.m. with the women’s elite race at noon and the last race, the men’s elite, starting at 1 pm)
– Tim Hortons Timbits Challenge – June 5, (starting at 11 a.m. at the Legislature Buildings, free event for kids aged 3 to 10)
– Victoria Volkswagen Celebrity Bike Relay – June 5, celebrity race held before the elite races.
For More Information and Full Results click here (RCLCS website).
1. Janna Gillick (Team ATAC) 7:35
2. Megan Rathwell (Broad Street Cycles) 7:36
3. Maggie Coles-Lyster (Local Ride) 7:37
1. Kyle Buckosky (Trek Red Truck Racing p/b Mosaic Homes) 6:30
2. Curtis Dearden (Accent Inns/Russ Hay’s p/b Champion System) 6:36
3. Dylan Davies (Trek Red Truck Racing p/b Mosaic Homes) 6:38