August 17, 2007 – The Kingston UCI Race on Saturday August 25th is shaping up to be one of the biggest races Eastern Canada has ever seen.
Confirmed Elite riders include: Robert DeWilde, Danny Culuag, Jimmy Brown, Bob Rowley, Scott Erwood, Pat Lebel, Sam Cools, Amanda Gieving, Rachel Smith, Arielle Martin, Tara Llanes! Stumphauser, Bennett, Harris and more are also rumoured to be coming!
Todd Harper, Alison Herrington, the OCA and the Kingston BMX crew have been working dilligently to make sure that this is the event of the year! TV coverage, media, great room prices at the University and much much more.
To clarify: You must hold a valid UCI licence to compete at this event, the Local Track Access Permit (Citizen Permit) will not be accepted. If you wish to race this event and hold a Local Track Access Permit, please talk to you track president ASAP.
Online registration is up and running and ends next Tuesday at 4:00 pm. There is no onsite reg for Elite classes – you MUST pre-register. There is no DAY OF registration – do not be disappointed – Register online or on the Friday August 24th. This race is under UCI rules – there is no flexibility on the registration – make sure you have your license with you! No license, no ride!
UCI International Race – Saturday August 25, 2007
National Ranking / Inter-Provincial Race – Sunday August 26, 2007
– Pre-registration opened on August 1 at www.ontariocycling.org and will close on Tuesday August 21 at 4:00 pm.
– All Championship (junior and elite, cruiser and 20″) class athletes must PRE-REGISTER. There will be no on-site registration for Championship class.
– Entries not pre-registered and received on-site will be charged an additional $5 per rider per class (Challenge class – $45.00 for Saturday and $35.00 for Sunday).
– No pad sets are required in Ontario.
– You must produce your 2007 UCI license at registration if you pre-registered or registered on site. If you do not produce your license, you will be refused registration. The license must be signed and have a recent photo on the back.
– You must be registered before you can ride the track. You will receive a wristband at the registration window.
– Full gear is mandatory at all times you are on the track.
– For the Saturday UCI race, you must be 5 years old the day of the race.
– This event will offer Novice (NBL Rookie), Intermediate (NBL Novice) and Expert classes for the male ‘challenge classes’
– Challenge Girls will run age only, no proficiencies
Event Schedule (Subject to change)
Friday, August 24
Registration opens 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for Saturday and Sunday events. This is the last chance to register for the Saturday UCI race. THERE WILL BE NO ‘DAY OF’ REGISTRATION
1:00 pm to 2:00 pm 15 and over (20 and cruiser)
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm 14 and under (20 and cruiser)
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Elite, Junior, Masters (20 and cruiser)
4:15 pm to 4:45 pm Riders meeting
5:00 pm-6:00 pm 15 and over (20 and cruiser)
6:00 pm-7:00 pm 14 and under (20 and cruiser)
7:00 pm-8:00 pm Elite, Junior, Masters (20 and cruiser)
Saturday, August 25
Registration open 8:00 am-9:00 am for Sunday Canadian National Ranking race only
8:00 am-9:00 am 15 and over (20 and cruiser)
9:00 am-10:00 am 14 and under (20 and cruiser)
10:00 am-11:00 am Elite, Junior, Master (20 and cruiser)
11:30 am Opening Ceremonies
12:00 noon Race start
Sunday, August 26
There is no registration on Sunday.
Sunday is the ‘rain out day’ in case Saturday is rained out.
8:00 am-8:30 am 15 and over
8:30 am-9:00 am 14 and under
9:00 am-9:30 am Elite, Junior, Masters
10:00 am Race start
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT WWW.KINGSTONBMX.COM and keep an eye on www.ontariocycling.org for updates and sponsor profiles coming shortly.
If you have any problems with online registration, please email email@example.com