May 13, 2009 (London Ontario) – The Forest City Velodrome with the cooperation of the Ontario Cycling Association will be running Track Trials (this is open to any Junior aged rider in Eastern Canada) on Saturday afternoon May 30th (2pm – 5:30pm) These Junior Trials is another step in the development of Canada’s future track stars. Â Athletes will be able to race in a controlled setting in an attempt to make the Time standards for Junior Worlds Track selection.
The Initial Camp to discover cycling talent in Ontario was held in January. Â The Forest City Velodrome is pleased to be able to conduct these important trials to give every athlete the opportunity for success and progress to the next level.
Saturday May 30th
The Velodrome will be open for warm-up and training from 12:30pm – 2pm. Â
The riders will meet at 2pm for their final instructions.
– 2:15pm the trials will begin, – Pursuit test (M – F).
– 3:05pm – Flying 200m (M – F).
– 3:30pm – Flying 200m second attempt if required.
– 3:45pm – Mass Start test (M – F)
– 4:30pm – Standing Start test (M – F)
– 5pm – second attempt for any rider not making the time standard on their first attempt.
All of the time standards and selection criteria is (will be) available from the CCA for Junior Track Worlds Selection.