October 03, 2016 (Burnaby, BC) – The Burnaby Velodrome Club is inviting applications for the position of Program Director. The Velodrome is a one of a kind facility in Western Canada. The Program Director is an integral part of the Club’s ongoing
The program director is expected to undertake a range of activities, including:
- creating and implementing long term rider-development plans for high performance, national and regional level, and age-group athletes;
- planning and overseeing workouts;
- planning, arranging, and overseeing development and performance camps; and
- planning, developing, and overseeing local and regional race activities.
In addition, the program director is responsible for administrative tasks related to the Velodrome. Examples of administrative tasks include:
- responding to emails, calls, and interacting with visitors to the facility;
- planning and scheduling coaching staff and attendants;
- identifying, recruiting, and developing additional coaching staff;
- interacting with staff and other user groups at the facility; and
- maintaining and developing relationships with groups, associations, and provincial/national sports
We are seeking a person who is familiar with track cycling and who is competent and confident in dealing with high performance athletes and their coaches, and encouraging and developing grass-root and age-group members. The successful candidate will have the necessary coaching certificates, be certified in CPR and first aid, and have a demonstrated history of success. The position is a part-time position with some potential for increased hours depending on facility availability.
Interested applicants are invited to send, by email only, a cover letter and resume. When submitting your application please put, in the subject line: BVC Program Director Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until October 25, 2016. Only applicants selected to move onto the next phase of the selection process will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.