February 11, 2015 – Are you passionate about industrial design and product development? Are you an avid cyclist, a winter sports enthusiast and an outdoor fanatic? GARNEAU has a unique opportunity for you!
Become a PRODUCT MANAGER – Accessories division at GARNEAU and help expand the notoriety of the brand while propelling your career to the front of the peloton!
Under the supervision of the Division Director – Accessories, you will collaborate in the creation of product lines for accessories (hard goods) and develop new products for the snowshoe, bike accessories and cycling fitness segments. You will study market trends and competitors (benchmarking) and convey the information to the product selection committee. You will also determine technical specifications and negotiate with suppliers in order to manufacture the line of products under your responsibility.
In summary, you will need to study trends, propose new products to the selection committee then ensure their development while respecting the prices, margins, quality, delivery schedules and technical specifications determined by the product selection committee. In addition, you will have to ensure the efficiency and conformity of the product development and manufacture processes while ensuring their execution according to the production deadline. In order to provide the assurance of timely product delivery, you will maintain a flowing and efficient communication with our Asian suppliers through regular email correspondence, videoconferencing and overseas travel.
You will draw up the documents required for development and production, such as specifications, technical requirements and drawings (project specifications), inspection documents, approval sheets, descriptive texts, product manuals and R&D reports. You will be tasked with negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors in order to ensure that product manufacturing is done according to our standards and specifications while ensuring a control on costs. Finally, your technical design abilities will be combined with your artistic side in order to participate in the graphic creation of the packaging of products under your responsibility.
· You possess a college diploma in industrial design or a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, materials engineering, and mechanical engineering or in any other related field?
· You have at least 3 years of experience in engineering, design or product development?
· You’re curious and known for always being on the lookout for new technology?
· You like proposing and creating new products that allow you to harness your engineering and design skills?
· You’re passionate about our industry and wish to participate in the product selection in order to develop the brand and its positioning?
· You enjoy leading development activities?
· Your team spirit makes you stand out?
· You have an aesthetic sense and a taste for design and innovation?
· You’re known for your thoroughness and the quality of your follow-ups?
· You’re a skilled negotiator and are concerned with getting the best possible quality at the lowest price?
We want to meet you!
What does Garneau have to offer?
· Strong values that speak to you: fun, respect, innovation, team spirit and continuation
· Employee discounts on Garneau products
· VIP sales exclusively for employees
· Unlimited access to the on-site gym
· Pilates, Zumba and Spinning classes
· Lunch-time group rides (Lunch rides)
· Health and wellness program
· Company volunteering activities
· Career advancement opportunities
· Two-week corporate vacation in July and one week during the Holidays
· Access to an Employee Assistance Program
· Free parking
· Referral program
· A dynamic and stimulating career with daily challenges
And even more
· Competitive salary
· Daytime schedule, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
· 12 days of statutory holiday
· Personal and sick leaves
· Annual performance evaluations
· 50% employer-paid group insurance
· Pension fund with employer contribution
Interested in joining our team? Apply now! Your CV can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org