November 16, 2017 (Peterborough, ON) – Shimano Canada, a leader in the Global Cycling Industry, is seeking a Custom cycling apparel Account Executive for a 1-year contract, beginning January 1, 2018 to join our Peterborough, Ontario Sales Team. The qualified candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated, and a problem solver to ensure our Customers and Sales Teams are receiving outstanding service and support for our Pearl Izumi Custom brand of cycling apparel.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the Custom process is being followed both internally by managing systems and timelines, as well as externally by working with our Sales Team and Customers. This position will also be responsible for following open projects through to completion, as well as assisting in generation of new sales leads. The ideal candidate will be considered detail oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide world class customer service for our customers as well as our Sales Team
- Become an expert on Pearl Izumi Canada’s Custom programs and products
- Become an expert of the Canadian Custom Cycling Apparel market and its competitors
- Responsible for internal tracking documentation, ensuring all active jobs are tracking to expectations and communicating concerns with team members when problems arise
- Manage customer creative assets with high accuracy
- Work closely with both Shimano Canada and Pearl Izumi Custom teams as required
- Willing to expand and grow responsibilities as skill level progress
- Assist in preparation of general reporting, weekly and monthly
- Work closely with Credit Department to ensure proper timing of orders for our customers
- Occasional travel to tradeshows, meetings and training as required
- Project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously, accurately
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Proficient in Excel
- Bilingualism an asset
- High School diploma
- University/College degree or commensurate experience
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and/or basic inventory and sales order system is an asset
- Cycling Industry experience an asset
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job.
Shimano Canada Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
Apply for the position here.