February 9, 2011 – PacificSport Interior BC is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Active For Life Coordinator. PacificSport Interior BC is a registered non-profit society responsible for coordinating and delivering programs and services to high performance athletes and coaches throughout the BC Interior. The Kamloops-based Centre currently services twelve affiliated sports and is connected to a network of five regional centres and three national campuses across the province of BC. PacificSport Interior BC works in partnership with key organizations to deliver sport development and performance programs to increase physical activity from playground to podium.
The Active For Life Coordinator will be responsible for developing strong and positive relationships with a variety of sport and healthy living partners to increase participation in physical activity. The incumbent will work with Provincial Sport Organizations, community partners, City of Kamloops Recreation Department, School District #73, Thompson Rivers University, health agencies and daycare providers to assess the community needs, build programs and services to enhance physical activity and sport.
– Plan, develop and monitor programs and camps aligned with the Canadian Sport For Life including XploreSportZ programs
– Work with community and provincial partners to implement physical literacy programs, sport development, leadership and support. This includes teacher/leader training, activation through schools, community sport, recreation and other delivery agencies.
– Deliver the SportFit program throughout the region.
– Work with Coaches Association of BC and the Provincial Sport Organizations to promote, support and activate a variety of coaching certification and training programs such as Foundational Movement Skills
– Ensure all programs operate within approved budgets
– Ensure risk management policies & procedures are followed
– Promote PacificSport Interior BC and its programs in the communities
– Champion new program initiatives based on the strategic direction of PacificSport Interior BC
– Evaluate program strengths & identify areas for improvement
– Collect & maintain program participation information and statistics for the completion of all PacificSport reports
– Support Interior BC communities in implementing physical literacy programs & initiatives
Education & Experience:
– Post Secondary degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sport, Recreation or related field
– Knowledge and proficiency in computer applications in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint programs
– Knowledge of the Canadian Sport for Life model
– NCCP Coaching Certification preferred
– Minimum 1-2 year experience in coordinating children’s multi-sport programs with an understanding of foundational movement skills
– Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
– Ability to translate ideas into program implementation
– Supervise staff in a positive environment and build rapport with participants and parents
– Provide leadership and collaboration with partners (local, regional, provincial, national)
Conditions of Employment Reports to: General Manager Full time salary ($36,000 – $41,000) Flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required The Coordinator position is reviewed annually for renewal
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PacificSport Interior BC c/o Tournament Capital Centre, 910 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC V2C 6N6 No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 11, 2011 by 4:00 pm (PST)
Salary Range: $36,000 – $41,000
Type of Position: Full Time – Employee
View more info HERE (PDF).
PacificSport Interior BC
Tournament Capital Centre – 910 McGill Road
Kamloops , BC, Canada