June 17, 2009 (Toronto, ON) – The OCA is seeking a Summer Events Coordinator to work with current staff and volunteer committees and to provide administrative support to the new initiatives undertaken by the OCA. The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) is the provincial sport organization governing the sport of Cycling. Members are competitive and recreational cyclists between the ages of 5 and 80.
Position Type: Full Time/Part Time (8 weeks max)
Summer Events Coordinator
– Collection of data, membership and program registration, and all client services such as answering the phone, faxing and photocopying services
– Assist in program coordination and execution, including; registration, budgeting, follow-up and evaluation
– Assist in tracking, processing, and fulfilling information inquiries
– Assist with support at events and event reports
– Contribute to all general OCA communication materials, including the newsletters, handbooks, and the OCA’s website.
– Assist with planning special events and meetings
– Attending events on the OCA’s behalf
– As a small association, we expect a team player who will help wherever necessary
– Complete event report for website, including photos and/or video
Managing Personal Effectiveness
– Listens well to instruction
– Able to learn new technology and adapt quickly
– Self-motivated and accountable for results; takes action and ownership.
– Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to manage a broad workload.
– Superior organizational skills in planning and completing projects by agreed deadlines; high attention to detail and accuracy.
– Willingness to get the job done, regardless of the extra time and effort it may take
Managing the Business
– Demonstrated member focus. Ability to anticipate member’s needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
– Ability to draw from a repertoire of knowledge, skills, and resources to identify and evaluate issues and opportunities.
– Demonstrated interpersonal savvy through working effectively and communicating with a variety of different audiences.
– Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
– Proficient computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
– Proven administration experience and skills
– Access to an automobile
– Willing to work weekends
Reports to: OCA Executive Director
Please send application in Word format no later than Monday June 22, 2009.
Attention: Brendan Arnold
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.