November 22, 2017 – Cycling BC is seeking qualified coaches to work with our provincial MTB program to deliver regional programming. We are the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia, representing the full range of disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling. Our mission is to foster quality competition and to create partnerships to grow participation in the sport of cycling.
- We are a team – we work together and take responsibility
- We are flexible and creative – with our time, our solutions and our approach
- Our success is all about how we do things – how we think, solve problems, deliver, and communicate
- We are committed to growing the sport in our province and to supporting athletes, clubs and members to the best of our ability.
The MTB regional coaches are responsible for the effective delivery of the Performance and Development program while creating a safe and engaging learning environment. He/She will be responsible for the delivery of skills development camps, team training camps, and race projects as well as collaborating on pre-project planning and providing post-project reporting to Cycling BC.
The Regional Coach reports to and collaborates with the High-Performance Manager to ensure that Cycling BC’s PT programs and implementation are meeting the needs of our athletes.
- High School diploma with a post-secondary certificate or degree in a related field or a combination of education and work experience.
- Coaching Experience, preferably at the Provincial level.
- Comp Dev Trained; certified considered an asset
- Current First Aid + CPR certifications
- Current Criminal Record check
- Class 4 drivers license considered an asset
Special Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time-management, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and computer skills.
- Development of Yearly Training Plans for all CSI targeted athletes
- Monthly team updates
- Monitor and evaluate athlete training
- Detailed overview of training and race camps for the year and requested services (IST, etc.)
- Support athletes in compliance with CCES
- Understanding of cycling activities and lifestyle
- Commitment to confidentiality and impartiality
- Treating athletes, coaches and officials with respect and integrity.
- Representing CBC in a professional and supportive manner at all times.
- Attending relevant provincial and national championships.
- Flexibility in work hours and ability to travel frequently.
Note: This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of the position’s duties and with consultation can be amended with the changing needs of the organization.
Employee Status: Contract, PT
Minimum # of working days: 17 days
Maximum # of working days: 42 days
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé to Tara Mowat, High Performance Manager, via e-mail at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is December 15.