July 16, 2015 (Barrie, ON) – Hardwood Ski and Bike is Ontario’s premier cross country ski and mountain bike facility, providing a fun, safe and healthy experience for our guests. It operates in the competitive health and fitness market and has been able to differentiate itself from its competition by focusing on a brand promise to have the best groomed trails.
Our vision is to be the best full service outdoor health and fitness recreation facility, providing a quality experience for members, guests and their families.
Our mission is to create a place where people will enjoy pursuing their outdoor fitness activities in a fun, social, safe and healthy atmosphere.
There are many opportunities for growth at Hardwood Ski and Bike. The Marketing and Advertising Manager would be responsible for delivering a positive customer experience and an attractive brand image through all activities. Some objectives that Hardwood Ski and Bike would like the candidate to achieve include:
- To introduce innovative programs and recruiting new events in both seasons, but with a clear focus on summer.
- To entice more corporate and special events to the newly renovated West Wing.
- Sustain rapport with key industry players and leverage marketing opportunities.
- To develop new sources of revenue with the available physical and media assets.
- Be our webmaster and build our new media presence.
- Expand the use of digital medal to enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain our existing internal and external advertising opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record in sports, resort, recreation or tourism marketing. This person will be a highly motivated team player with good attention to detail and good social media skills. The candidate should have a healthy and active lifestyle and knowledge of xc skiing and mountain bike is an asset. Good oral and written communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and multi-tasked environment with an emphasis on timelines and building and maintaining positive relationships.
Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have a passion for marketing and believe that you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter by August 5, 2015 electronically to:
Jack Sasseville, President and General Manager Hardwood Ski and Bike. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.