July 28, 2016 (Toronto, ON) – Velofix Toronto Lakeshore-Beaches is looking for a Lead Mechanic for our mobile bike repair service. This job entails working front line with customers on a regular basis.
– Ensure clients receive excellent service and advice when servicing their bicycles, including selecting appropriate parts, accessories, and level of service to meet their needs
– Assemble, maintain and repair a wide range of bikes, from the family bikes to the world’s best
– Answer phone inquiries as required
Requirements for this role:
– 1-2 years’ experience in bike assembly, repair and maintenance in a bike shop
– Experience working with a variety of bikes i.e. kids bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, hybrid bikes etc. Knowledgeable about latest bike equipment and technologies
– Passion for cycling
– Mechanical aptitude
– Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
– Demonstrated organization and time management skills
– Customer service experience
– Comfortable working with online booking and inventory/ordering system
– Work well under pressure
– Availability to work a variety of shifts from Monday to Sunday
– Bike mechanic technical training considered an asset
– Must have a class G driver’s license as we operate out of a Mercedes sprinter van
Working for us is not like any bike shop you have ever been in. This is an adventure and we are looking for someone who wants to come along on the ride. You need to be flexible, nimble and love talking to people. Oh yeah, you need to be a great mechanic.
For our clients, a feature of a Velofix experience is they can stay with their beloved bicycle while the work is completed. For the mechanic, you get to show off your technical skills as well as your knowledge and experience as a cyclist. As you are running the show, you may have to negotiate, manage and sell – close the deal to make the customer happy.
We build our business on recommendations, therefore every customer must be made to feel special to build those recommendations. You should be able to do all this while maintaining you technical skills and having a smile for the customer. Please contact <mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org.