January 16, 2009 – The International Triathlon Union (ITU) is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the full-time position of Communications Manager based in Vancouver, BC. The deadline for application is January 23, 2009, with a February 2 starting date. Please read on for more details.
– Report to ITU Director of Media and Television
– Manage overall organisational communications strategy (internal and external)
– Generate ideas and write stories for ITU official websites and international media
– Manage, develop and edit all content of ITU official websites, newsletters and various other communications tools
– Liaise with various ITU departments for regular news and content
– Develop and distribute official ITU press releases and announcements
– Address all general media inquiries
– International travel and event media management as required
– Build and manage services for international media and press
– Assist in creation and management of ITU publications and printed projects
Post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related area of study is required. Applicants must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills with excellent news judgement. Superior communication skills with the ability to generate creative and innovative ideas are required. Applicants will need to meet strict deadlines utilising strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
This position is based in Vancouver, Canada and will require the ability to work flexible hours with many weekend and international travel commitments. An interest and knowledge of triathlon and the Olympic movement is a great asset. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, HTML is a must.
Must be fluent in written and verbal English. French or Spanish an asset.
Applications closing Date: January 23, 2009
Applicants may send their resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications but unfortunately only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Salary Range: negotiable
Type of Position: Full Time – Employee
International Triathlon Union
Vancouver, BC, Canada