November 22, 2013 (Vancouver, BC) – GranFondo Canada, a division of TOIT Events Inc. based in Vancouver, BC, is seeking a Project Lead to play a lead role with the development, planning, and delivery of projects managed and hosted by GranFondo Canada (TOIT Events Inc.) for the internal team and for external stakeholders. This role will require experience in event planning and delivery. Proponents should be self-starters who are comfortable working independently when required but thrive in the team environment and have experience managing contractors, liaising with suppliers and working with volunteers.
Organization: GranFondo Canada (a division of TOIT Events Inc. based in Vancouver, BC – Canada)
Job Title: Project Lead
Time Commitment: January 6, 2014 – September 30, 2014
Role: Contract position
Application deadline: 12noon PDT – Friday, December 6, 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Founded in 2007, GranFondo Canada is an event management company committed to providing world class cycling experiences in epic locations across Canada. Rooted in the growing domain of sport tourism, these events appeal greatly to cyclists looking for unique and memorable experiences. The fifth annual RBC GranFondo Whistler is scheduled for September 6th, 2014 and the thirst annual GranFondo Banff is scheduled for August 23rd, 2014. GranFondo Canada is a division of TOIT Events Inc.
To play a lead role with the development, planning, and delivery of projects managed and hosted by GranFondo Canada (TOIT Events Inc.). Act as the Project Lead for the internal team and for external stakeholders. This role will require experience in event planning and delivery. Proponents should be self-starters who are comfortable working independently when required but thrive in the team environment and have experience managing contractors, liaising with suppliers and working with volunteers.
Stakeholder & Supplier Relations (40%)
– Maintain and nurture existing stakeholder relationships that will be integral in the planning and delivery stages of the
– Liaise with stakeholders to ensure approval of operational plans (permits, communications, sanctioning, etc.);
– Source key suppliers and ensure timely and cost effective delivery of services
– Plan, build and deliver presentations to all levels of stakeholders on behalf of GranFondo Canada as required;
– Plan and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
Project Planning and Development (35%):
– Play a lead role in the planning and implementation of operational plans and timelines;
– Recruit and manage an event team of staff, contractors and volunteers to deliver a successful event, and exceed
participant expectations; ? Work with team to integrate all aspects of event (course, rest stops, start, finish, expo, etc.),
– Provide oversight to ensure integration of staff, supervision of short-term contractors, liaison with volunteers, external
partners and participants. Other (25%):
– Liaise with other areas of the company & participate in team meetings; Assist with public outreach and community relations efforts; The scope of responsibility and the related tasks for this role as presented within this document may, and likely will, change over time to complement the increase in the number and the scale of the events managed by TOIT Events Inc.
Experience / Background:
• Project leadership / management skills and experience,
• Experience establishing and building working relationships with local/regional representatives,
• Skills and experience in the development and delivery of large-scale events (min. 3-5 years’ experience),
• Clear understanding of operational requirements for events,
• Self-motivation, confidence and creativity;
• Demonstrated interest in sport management and/or events preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written and verbal);
• A true team player who helps build and nurture a team approach;
• Creative problem solving ability;
• Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
• Self-motivation, confidence and creativity;
• Knowledge of cycling events and industry will be considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
When applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the following in the subject line: “2014GFC-ProjectLead: Last Name, First Name”. Please note the following for filename(s) of all attachments you are sending with your application: “LastName_First_ProjectLead_Letter_YYYYMMDD.xxx” or “LastName_First_ProjectLead_CV_YYYYMMDD.xxx”. We will keep applications on file for other roles that may arise and while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
TOIT Events Inc. – Human Resources Approach
TOIT Events Inc. is a private Canadian event management company that creates unique experiences for the sport and active living community. TOIT’s culture is entrepreneurial, where employees are encouraged and empowered to perform yet at the same time all team members are asked and expected to roll-up their shirtsleeves and get their hands dirty when it comes to preparing for and delivering at event time. Our aim is premium destination tourism events that provide participants with a quality experience delivered using established best practices.