February 1, 2011 – The Ontario Cycling Association is looking for a full time Development Coordinator for its provincial bicycle racing programs, including road, mountain bike (cross_country and downhill), cyclo_cross and track. This is a full time position and requires extensive weekend work throughout the summer. The Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for the racing activities that fall under the control of the OCA.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in sport administration and specifically in cycling. Understanding of the Canadian Sport system and knowledge of the LTAD for cycling is considered an asset. Project management, financial management, event management and experience working with volunteers are considered key assets.
Responsibilities include the following:
– Ensuring that race organizers are in compliance with all OCA requirements of the sanction for which they have applied
– Attend Provincial Championships to ensure OCA protocol is followed
– Post relevant news items on the OCA website
– Issuance of insurance certificates for events
– Work with volunteer committees (Officials Committee/Events Committee)
– Managing fees for OCA sanctions, levies, insurance, etc.
– Work with respective Chief Commissaires to establish race assignments
– Responsible for ensuring that race packages are sent out to promoters on a timely basis
– As a team player, this person will be willing to help out where necessary to ensure the OCA meets
the objectives of the Strategic Plan
– Manage online registration system
The ideal candidate should have:
– An interest in cycling
– Knowledge of the UCI/CCA/Provincial licensing system
– Knowledge of the event sanctioning process
– Knowledge of the rules under which competitions are held
– Proficiency in MS Office – with an advanced knowledge of Excel
– Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
– Ability to express themselves effectively in both oral and written communication
– Ability to work with limited direction and exercise sound judgment in complex situations
– Ability to grasp new software quickly
– Preferred but not required to have their own vehicle
Reports to: OCA Executive Director
Salary will be based on previous experience. Please send application in Word format with salary expectations
no later than February 11, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.