August 12, 2015 (Calgary, AB) – The Canadian Sport Institute’s (CSI) mission is to provide a world-leading, multisport, daily training environment for podium athletes and coaches, through expert leadership, services and programs. Within its broader mandate, the CSI provides a variety of programs for developing athletes one being through the Cycling Centre, which offers programs to able body and para athletes from 10 years through to elite national teams. Guided by experts at the CSI Calgary this program delivers age appropriate training and monitoring to the athletes with the goal of achieving individual potential.
Application Deadline: Sep. 15, 2015
Start Date: Sep. 30, 2015
The Cycling Centre Calgary (CCC) is providing a unique opportunity for the right person as Coach that directly reports to the Head Coach of the CCC. This position is intended to be full time at 40 hours per week. Hours vary throughout the year ranging from 5-12 hours a day depending on the cycling competitive season. Extensive travel during the year is required. Evenings and weekend work is a requirement of the position. The position requires a high level of independence and self-motivation, as well as the ability to develop and implement daily, weekly and yearly training/competition plans. The primary training sites for the CCC program are the Olympic Oval at the University of Calgary and Canada Olympic Park. This position will have the unique opportunity to be mentored by the experts at the CSI Calgary. Professional development is structured into the position to provide coaching and educational opportunities.
- Evaluation & Reflection
- Achievement Oriented
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Learning capability (knowledge)
- Results Orientation
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide a world-class training and competition environment for performance cycling athletes in the disciplines of road, track, mountain, cross and para-cycling.
- Develop and coordinate the yearly training and competition program for identified athletes (para and able bodied) involved in the CCC.
- Deliver programs in the daily training environment to identified athletes (para and able bodied).
- Assist in creating and implementing a challenging, dynamic, team and performance oriented training and competitive environment for athletes to thrive.
- Ensure the development of a multi layered, multi-dimensional athlete development model that is adaptable to encourage continued program participation.
- Demonstrate ethical qualities and works to instil the virtues of fair play and sportsmanship in all athletes of the CCC.
- Develop and coordinate camps and or clinics for the purpose of athlete recruitment.
- Fosters an environment that encourages participation, innovation, adaptability, accountability, and initiative enabling program participants to achieve their own personal goals.
- Develops and maintains positive communication with outside providers (e.g. Local Clubs, ABA, CPSA, CC) to ensure proper delivery of the high performance cycling program.
- Participates in Local/Provincial cycling related meetings and functions (e.g. ABA AGM) to stay current on the local cycling community endeavours and maintains communication with CSI-Calgary departments and CCC staff.
- Practices a continual two-way exchange of knowledge and ideas with other CSI-C coaches.
- Pursue continuous personal and professional development ensuring the most topical and up to date information is available for the coaches and athletes alike.
- Introduction to Competition Trained (with goal of certification within 3 months)
- A member in good standing of the Coaches of Canada; Alberta Bicycle Association and Cycling Canada and Coach Alberta
- Provide a Police Background Check and Drivers Abstract CSI-C
- Minimum of 2 years Coaching Experience
- Strong interest in coach as a career
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Consultant (1 Full Time; 1 Part Time)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate(s) are found
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Canadian Sport Institute Calgary
Room 125 Olympic Oval
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Type of Position: Contractor
Salary Range: Commenserate with experience
Download attachment: HERE