April 12, 2016 (Ottawa, ON) – Cycling Canada (CC) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, CC aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances. With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
The Domestic Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting the development, delivery and implementation of both the NCCP and LTAD related activities and programs. With an emphasis on the development of capacity within Canada through our provincial affiliates, the Domestic Development Coordinator works in collaboration with the Performance Development Director to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of development and educational activities and programs.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as Cycling Canada’s lead liaison for any NCCP, LTAD and Commissaires inquiries
• Coordinate the planning and the execution of the commissaires assignments for all national and international events in Canada
• Assist with the scheduling and coordination of sport specific Coaching, LTAD and Commissaires Seminars, and other special development activities
• Liaise with our provincial affiliates on a regular basis to promote, facilitate and ensure the delivery of national programs
• Maintains and updates NCCP, LTAD and Commissaires information on Cycling Canada websiteKnowledge and Skills
CC is looking for candidates that have general knowledge of the Canadian sport system as well as a proven ability to plan, coordinate and assist the delivery of activities and programs.
Due to the collaborative nature of the position, candidates with strong communication and relationship building skills will be sought. The Domestic Development Coordinator needs to have multi-tasking and organizational skills and an understanding of the planning process.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in data entry, excel based reporting and sport administration.
A post secondary education with a degree in sport administration or business administration would be an asset.
The following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to communicate in both languages (written and oral)
• The ability to work with volunteers
• The ability to host meetings using Adobeconnect
• Knowledge and/or experience within the Canadian sport system
• Knowledge and/or experience coordinating programs and activities
• Knowledge and/or experience with Articulate Storyline or any e-learning management system
Salary & Benefits
The salary for the position is based on $ 42,500 per annum adjusted to the period of work required. There are no benefits for this contract position
Starting Date: May 30th , 2016
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume in expression of their interest for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st, 2016
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada promotes Employment Equity.
This position is financially sopported by Sport Canada.