June 22, 2011 (Vancouver, BC) – Cycling BC, the sports governing body for cycling in the Province of British Columbia, is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Youth Race League Coordinator. The association operates Provincial Team and High Performance programs under the direction of a Provincial Head Coach. The overall goal for the position of Youth Race League Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of BC’s first Youth Race League to help provide opportunities for all youth to learn and experience the world of cycle racing.
Overall goal of the contract is to create, operate and document a pilot project for a youth race league somewhere in the GVRD during October of 2011.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Help develop the Youth Race League Pilot
– Choose and secure a location for the league
– Recruit volunteers to assist with the operation of the league, including:
– Advertise the league and register participants
– Attend events to promote the race league
– Create and send out newsletters to parents and youth from the database interested in more information. Keep database up to date
– Help update and maintain the Youth Race League website
– Obtain the equipment and materials needed to run races leading to the development of a Youth Race League Kit.
– Coordinate and operate the summer league pilot
– Prepare a series of “how-to” documents based upon the experience that will allow others to create similar leagues elsewhere
– Finalize league documentation and prepare the planning for the next spring race league.
The successful candidate will require:
– Passion for sport, preferably bike racing
– Prior experience in event planning
– Self motivated with an ability to work autonomously
– A proven self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Ability to work with little supervision
– Strong communication and problem solving skills
– Creativity skills
Hours: Approximately 15-20 hours/week, various days and hours; availability to work weekends & evenings is a possibility.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, skills, experience
Reports to: Director of Youth Development
Closing Date: N/A
Name: Brianna Waldman, Director of Youth Development
Phone (work) : 604-737-3151
Phone (mobile): 604-365-6564
How To Apply:
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 4, 2011
#332-1367 West Broadway