December 20, 2011 (Vancouver, BC) – Canadian Sport Centre Pacific, in partnership with the national network of Canadian Sport Centres and the BC network of PacificSport Centres, delivers sport performance programs and services to provide athletes and coaches with every advantage to win medals for Canada. Together with our national and provincial sport partners we are creating an improved system to develop athletes and coaches, advance sport development throughout BC and drive the development of sport performance facilities. We provide athletes and coaches with support services that complement their performance goals while investing in their post-sport career opportunities.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our team in the capacity summarized below.
Coordinator, Athlete & Coach Services
Reports to: Manager, Life Services
Purpose of Position: The Coordinator, Athlete & Coach Services is responsible for the coordination, delivery and evaluation of performance and support services to athletes & coaches registered with CSC Pacific and will be based at the Vancouver Campus. Working with the Manager, Life Services, the Coordinator, Athlete & Coach Services will ensure that athletes & coaches have access to programs and services that maximise sport performance and promote holistic development.
– Deliver athlete & coach registration intake and renewal sessions
– Coordinate the development and delivery of programs to registered athletes and coaches
– Build and maintain strategic relationships with a network of community sport leaders engaged in creating a world class training environment
– Database management (maintenance and reporting)
– Support in the development, coordination and delivery of an athlete career transition program
– Support in the strategic planning and development of a sport school program in the region
– Undergraduate degree in education, psychology or sport-related area
– Background in high performance sport, as an athlete, coach and/or administrator
– Minimum of three to five years experience in an administrative and/or helping role
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and initiative
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office and database systems
– Superior organizational and time management skills
– Passion for excellence and creating a World Class training environment
Location: Vancouver, BC – 1 Athletes Way
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (full time term employment agreement until March 31, 2013)
Salary Range: $38,000 – $42,000
Closing Date: Monday, January 9th, 2012 5:00 PST
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.