February 25, 2015 – Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. This curious and service-oriented individual will work within the Partnerships team and across all internal departments to support the business needs of a portfolio of COC Partners, and the overall marketing strategy of the COC. Working under the direction of the Manager, Marketing Partnerships, the Coordinator is specifically responsible for supporting all aspects of Partner relations including program development, approvals, client servicing and administration.
The ideal Coordinator, Marketing Partnerships enjoys taking care of the details, solving problems, driving activation, delivering the highest level of customer service, and working in a fast-paced environment.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
– Assist in the development, execution and administration of sponsor programs which leverage Partners’ involvement with the Canadian Olympic Team to drive Partner and COC business objectives.
– Support the approvals process for Partner marks usage and activation plans.
– Work with the commercial rights team to monitor and manage commercial rights infringements while working closely with Partners to ensure they have the tools to maximize their brand association rights.
– Liaise with the COC’s Sport, Marketing, Foundation and Education departments to ensure proper delivery of Partner benefits and to build activation programs tied to athlete, Games, fundraising and community related needs and objectives.
– Work within the Marketing Partnerships team to establish a detailed plan that supports and enhances Partner programs.
– Help develop and strengthen the Canadian Olympic Team brand and sub-brands with Partners in the Canadian Marketplace.
– Work closely with the COC’s Brand Connections team to execute COC programs and events with Partner activations; specifically supporting communication on Partner sponsorship, recognition and internal event engagement.
– Keep sponsors informed of all COC and Olympic activities so that they can anticipate and schedule promotional activities accordingly.
– Keep COC staff informed of all Partner Olympic-related activities.
– Maintain sponsor contact reports to support the growth of COC and Olympic marketing knowledge.
– Work closely with the Brand Connections and Communications teams to leverage Canadian Olympic Team online and social media opportunities for Partners.
– Grow technical and professional proficiency of the Sports Marketing industry, as well as of Partners’, and prospective Partners’, industries.
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
– University degree or equivalent in Marketing, Sport Business, or related field.
– 3-4 years of proven marketing experience within sponsorship and/or sports marketing.
– Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrated best in class client service experience.
– Curiosity for and desire to learn more about the business of sport, and about the business challenges Partner companies face across various industries.
– An affinity for building strong relationships.
– Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
– Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and deploy resources in areas that have greatest positive impact on results.
– Self-starter, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
– Strong balance between attention to detail and the bigger picture.
– Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders.
– Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset.
– Strong computer software expertise required, including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 6, 2015 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee