April 08, 2015 – The Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable sport and physical activity system in which girls and women are actively engaged as participants and leaders. CAAWS provides expertise through a number of services, programs and resources to a variety of clients, including sport and physical activity organizations, teachers, coaches, media, corporations, health professionals and recreation leaders.
CAAWS Communications and Marketing/Events Manager (4 days/week)
Application Deadline: Apr. 17, 2015
Start Date: May 4, 2015
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing/Events Manager will be responsible to create, implement communication and evaluate marketing plans for the organization. Working closely with staff and volunteers, the Manager will design plans to showcase CAAWS’s expertise as the leading voice for women and sport in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Communications: Assumes responsibility for developing, coordinating and implementing the organization’s internal and external communications initiatives.- – – – –
Lead the research, writing, editing and producing materials and publications (e.g. press releases, monthly e-newsletter, articles, letters, website content, etc.).
– Promote CAAWS programs and services through the networks of CAAWS and our partners.
– Develop and implement a social media strategy to increase CAAWS’ presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube, etc.
– Manage website content using WordPress.
– Identify, create and implement new strategies to expand the reach of the organization.
– Plan and coordinate communications activities related to specific projects (WISE Fund, Most Influential Women List, Women and Leadership, Addressing Homophobia in Sport, Women 55-70+, Coach Mentorship) as required.
– Assist with the development of effective media relations, including coordinating media queries and fostering of relationships with key reporters and media outlets.
– Maintain a database of CAAWS board members (past and present), staff, contractors, media contacts, partners and stakeholder representatives across the country.
– Conduct quality control checks on all organizational materials and publications.
– Assist in the re-branding of CAAWS
– Assist in the development of CAAWS’s marketing/sponsorship plan
– Oversee and manage the fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements, including sponsor events, promotions and other benefits
– Ensure sponsorship communication deliverables are met
– Work with Marketing/Communication and Revenue Generation Committees to support research, data collection, writing necessary for package development
– Assist in the planning and hosting of all CAAWS events, including:
– Board meetings/AGM
– Lunch and Learn events
– Women and Leadership and other workshops
– Press Conferences
– CAAWS workshops hosted at other conferences
– Other special events
Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Post secondary diploma, certificate or degree
– 3-5 years of relevant experience in the field
– Demonstrated writing skills and media relation skills.
– Plan, organize, lead and control public relations efforts.
– Experience creating and posting social media content (Facebook, LinkedIN, twitter, YouTube, etc.).
– Experience developing and implementing successful marketing, social media and communication plans.
– Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
– Event planning and promotion experience.
– Ability to measure performance/results.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
– Flexible, adaptable and demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team-oriented environment.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress (or a similar website content management system)
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Official Languages is considered a strong asset
– Previous experience in non-profit, volunteer driven and women’s centered environment are considered an asset.
– Knowledge and interest in the participation and leadership of girls and women in sport and physical activity are considered an asset.
– Ability and willingness to travel and/or work evenings and weekends when required.
Type of Position: Part time
Term and Compensation: This is a 4 day a week position working in the CAAWS office in Ottawa
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 (based on experience and qualifications) + benefits
Application Deadline: Friday, April 17, 2015
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, May 4, 2015
Please submit your resume and letter to Karin Lofstrom, Executive Director – Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS) via firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm EST, Friday, April 17, 2015.
While we appreciate all interest in this position, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.