May 10, 2013 (Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) is seeking an organized, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual to serve as Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in a fast-paced, growing environment. The position offers an exciting opportunity to support the leadership team to deliver effective governance and the successful delivery of the CPC’s mandate.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Administrative responsibilities include:
o Acts as first point of contact for matters referred to the Chief Executive Officer
(CEO), problem-solving matters as appropriate.
o Produces a variety of documents including confidential correspondence. Researches and compiles information for the preparation of reports and presentations. Researches and drafts correspondence for the Chief Executive Officer. Responds independently to routine correspondence.
o Tracks, reads and analyzes CEO incoming correspondence, memos, submissions and reports making a determination on importance/urgency of request; and planning their distribution or drafting responses as required.
o Assists with the preparation of presentations, spreadsheets, documents, and reports for various meetings and other events.
o Manage CEO calendar, requiring interaction with both internal and external partners/stakeholders
o Arrange travel schedule and reservations for CEO as required
o Ensures purchase orders and cheque requisitions are completed accurately and in a timely fashion for expenses related to CEO and Board of Directors
o Maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files including confidential correspondence, and
o Support other Executive Directors/Directors as required
o Other duties as required
Office management responsibilities include:
o Manage the day to day office environment (phone system, IT support requests, photocopier, mail. etc.)
o Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
o Liaisons with building management and office maintenance
o Other office duties are required
Board support include:
o Acts as a first point of contact for Board of Directors, problem-solving matters as appropriate.
o With the CEO, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
o Coordination and planning of Board of Directors and other committee meetings
o Support the Board with meeting, travel and other arrangements
o Draft minutes of Board meetings and other meetings for review by the CEO
o Supports the Governance portfolio
– Post-secondary education in administrative field or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills
– Writing and Research skills and experience
– Business writing and verbal communication skills, in both official languages
– Experience with Board governance and support
– Knowledge of executive and Board policies and procedures
– Demonstrated attention to detail and performing work with accuracy
– Proficient computer skills for:
o Project coordination
o Word processing
o Presentation development
o Internet research
o Database management
– Minimum of five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
– Project coordination experience
– Respectful of culture, diversity and confidentiality of information
– Outgoing and friendly
– Organized, productive and flexible
– Structured, systematic and organized
– Strong sense of judgment
– Work is primarily in an office environment with some limited travel for Board Meetings as required