August 27, 2012 – Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2012
Position: Account Manager, Marketing Partnerships
Job Description: The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. Working with the Marketing Partnerships team, the Account Manager, Marketing Partnerships will be responsible for all aspects of partner relations including partner servicing, program development, approvals and activation support. Working under the direction of the Executive Director, Marketing Partnerships, this individual will support our overall marketing strategy, working with other departments: Marketing Partnerships, Brand Marketing, Communications, Digital, Community Relations, Sport and the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
• Enhance sponsor value by working with Partners (and their agencies) to develop and execute programs which leverage a Partners’ involvement in the Olympic Movement and support for the Canadian Olympic Team.
• Manage the approval process for all Partner marks use and activation plans.
• Liaise with the COC’s Sport group to ensure proper delivery of sponsor benefits and to build programs/activate against Games related programs.
• Work with the Marketing Partnerships team to establish a detailed service plan that supports and enhances sponsor programs.
• Work with the Commercial Rights team to monitor and manage commercial rights infringements while working closely with Partners to ensure they have the tools to maximize their brand association rights.
• Develop and strengthen the Canadian Olympic Team brand and sub-brands with Partners and in the Canadian Marketplace.
• Work closely with the COC’s Brand Marketing team to execute COC programs and events with Partner activations; specifically managing Partner sponsorship, recognition and engagement.
• Manage Budgets for event specific areas of responsibility.
• Keep sponsors informed of all COC and Olympic activities so that they can anticipate and schedule promotional activities around these dates.
• Keep COC staff informed of all Partner Olympic-related activities.
• Maintain sponsor contact reports as well as supporting growth of COC and Olympic marketing knowledge.
• Work closely with the Digital/Communications teams to leverage Canadian Olympic Team online and social media opportunities for Partners.
• Maintain technical and professional knowledge of the Sports Marketing industry and the sponsors’, and prospective sponsors’, industries in particular.
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
• University degree or equivalent.
• 4-6 years of proven marketing experience, in sponsorship and/or sports marketing.
• Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance.
• An affinity for building strong relationships.
• Best in class client service experience.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
• Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and deploy resources in areas that have greatest positive impact on results.
• Self starter and ability to work effectively within a team concept.
• Ability to maintain balance between vision and attention to detail.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders.
• Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset.
• Strong computer software expertise required, including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook. Microsoft Project expertise is an asset.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 6th, 2012 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position:
Full Time – Employee
View Attachment: Account Manager, Marketing Partnerships