August 27, 2013 (Montreal, QC) – The COC is seeking a Manager, Sport Services for its Montreal office. Reporting to the Director of Team Services, the incumbent will work in concert with other Team Services staff to implement and manage all aspects of the COC’s Accreditation and Sport Entries process for Olympic, Olympic Winter, Pan American and Youth Olympic Games. The Manager has the primary responsibility for team and information management and dissemination, planning and deliverables related to all sport technical information in the lead up to and at Games. The Manager also oversees the planning and implementation of the Olympic Preparation Series.
September 24, 2013
Manager, Sport Services
Be a part of building a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
• Work with other COC sectors that may play a support role with the delivery of Team Services key activities.
• Work with the National Sport Federations, understanding their culture, challenges and opportunities.
• Work closely with various OCOG departments to support planning and delivery of COC preparations and operations.
Team Selection/Accreditation/Sport Entries
• Manage the review process of NSFs internal selection policy documents in concert with assigned Manager, Team Services for all major Games;
• Review and research IOC, International Federation (IF), and Organizing Committee, Olympic Games (OCOG) policies, rules and regulations regarding all aspects of participation at Olympic and Pan Am Games;
• Monitor all IF and NSF qualification relevant to Canadian participation at Games;
• Oversee the tracking of qualified athletes and qualification details and ensure the timely and accurate submission of Sport Entry details for athlete registration;
• Oversee the development of team size estimates for all major Games;
• Manage the Canadian Team nomination and long listing process for all major Games;
• Develop timelines and process for Games accreditation and entries for the Canadian team in accordance with OCOG timelines.
• Oversee the allocation of accreditations for all major Games;
• Ensure accreditation reports are accurate and submitted in accordance with OCOG timelines for all applicable NOC categories of accreditation;
• Prepare required materials and attend pre-DRM and DRMs to complete team registration;
• Manage the preparation of selection material for COC Team Selection Committee for all major Games;
• Manage the distribution and collection of required agreements including the athlete, support staff agreement, and eligibility conditions form. Monitor and document status of coaches with respect to COC Coaches Selection Policy;
Olympic Preparation Series (OPS)
• Working with the COC’s logistics, events and marketing teams, manage the overall planning and execution of the Olympic Preparation Workshops, the Olympic Excellence Series, and NSF Team Orientation Seminars in the lead up to Games;
• Support the COC digital team in developing COT videos for the OPS as well as Games highlight videos.
Team and Information Management
• Manage the Sport and Team services master task list implementation and tracking for all deliverables, including tracking NSF and medal potential athletes/teams in the lead up to Games;
• Lead NSF key dates and Games milestone charts, information management and deadline communications for NSFs to facilitate their planning;
• Manage documents related to Own the Podium (OTP) reviews;
• Attend site visits as necessary to develop key relationships with OCOG accreditation and entries staff.
• Working with results specialists, track, update, and communicate World Championship results and conversion rates;
• Manage the COC Games results of Canadians and daily schedule monitoring of Canadians;
• Liaise with administrator of COC website to integrate results and Games related information on COC site and CRM;
• Manage the World Championships medallist recognition program (tracking and gifting);
• Manage the Games recognition programs for athletes (AEF), coaches (CRP) and Canadian competition officials;
• Lead the IT/administrative responsibilities of the Zeus database;
• Lead the IT/administrative development of the NSF portal;
• Manage Team and Sport Services budget tracking with the Director, Team Services;
Brand/Athlete Services/Marketing Partnership Projects
• Support the COC Marketing Partnership team and Athlete Services team in developing the selection criteria and timelines for various programs and provide support on the execution of these programs as required;
• Sit on various steering committees as required;
• Assist with athlete selection for marketing programs, and brand (videos, banners, ad campaigns).
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
• University Degree/College Degree in Sport Administration or related field;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in national sport community and proven multi-sport Games environment;
• Knowledge of IOC and IF regulations pertaining to Games qualification and quota establishment procedures a requirement;
• Experience with major Games Accreditation and Sport Entries process;
• Familiarity with the Canadian Sport System a must;
• COC Games Operations experience (asset)
• Management skills, including strategic planning, project management, budgeting, problem solving;
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
• Experience leading a team and working in team environments;
• Experience developing and implementing policies and processes to facilitate improved planning on projects is preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships/partnerships;
• Ability to multi-task and good time management skills;
• Strong attention to details, and thoroughness;
• Required proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and common databases;
• Sense of humour;
• Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
• Some travel and evening/weekend work required;
• Bilingualism (English/French) preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by September 24, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position:
Full Time – Employee