December 28, 2017 – The Canadian Olympic Committee invites applications for the position of Chef de Mission of the Canadian Team for the Youth Olympic Games which will take place from October 6 to 18, 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Post date: Nov. 30, 2017
Application Deadline: Mar. 1, 2018
Chef de Mission – Youth Olympic Games – Buenos Aires 2018
– All athletes who have competed at the Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games or Pan American Games are eligible to apply for the position of Chef de Mission. Pan American Games athletes are eligible to apply to become Chef de Mission for the Pan American Games Team. Olympians are eligible to apply to serve as Chef de Mission for the Pan American Games, Olympic Games and Olympic Winter Games Teams.
– Exceptional Circumstances: There may be an exceptional circumstance where an individual who is not an Olympian or Pan American athlete may have the same positive impact on the Team. Should that be the case, the candidate may be considered alongside the other candidates.
For your reference, please find attached the Chef de Mission Terms of Reference.
New timeline for the Selection of the Chef de Mission for the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018:
– Call for Applications: November 30, 2017
– Deadline to send applications: March 1, 2018
– Interviews with selected candidates: mid-March 2018
– Dates of the Games: October 6 – 18, 2018
Applications should be sent, in confidence, to:
The deadline for submission of applications is March 1, 2018 at 5 p.m. ET. An electronic confirmation will be sent to each applicant acknowledging receipt of application.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Chef de Mission’s primary roles are to:
– Be the official spokesperson for the Canadian Olympic/Pan Am/Youth Olympic Games Team;
– Motivate and inspire the Team.
The operational ‘heavy lifting’ is done by COC professional staff.
The term of the Chef de Mission is from the date of appointment by the COC Board through to the final debrief session and written report to the Board. The term generally ends at the Session immediately following the Games.
The Chef de Mission is accountable to the COC President or his designate.
A Committee comprised of the COC President; CEO; Athlete Representative; a Board member appointed by the Board; the Chef de Mission from the most recent corresponding Games, the Chef de Mission from the most recent Games, and the Executive Director, Games (non-voting); will select the Chef de Mission. The recommendation requires the endorsement of the COC Board of Directors. The Chef shall normally be appointed by the Board.
– Provides leadership to support, protect and insulate performance of the Team.
– Serves as the spokesperson for the Team.
– Serves as a mentor, supporter and cheerleader for the Team.
– Represents the Canadian team leading up to and during a Games.
– Works with the COC staff in the preparation of the Canadian Team’s participation at Games.
– Attends key meetings and COC Sessions or Board Meetings on occasion, at the request of the President or COC Games staff.
– Builds relationships with all members of the Team.
– Serves as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
– Prepares a final report for presentation to the COC Board.
– Serves on the Flagbearer Selection Committee.
– Reinforces the vision of one aligned, unified Canadian Team.
– Provides support and mentorship to incoming Chefs, and assists with other transfer of knowledge activities.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Volunteer
Contact Name: Dayna Maaten
Address: 21 St. Clair Ave E Suite 900
Toronto, ON M4T 1L9
Web Address: http://olympic.ca/employment/
Apply by Email – email@example.com
Apply by Web – click here.