February 2, 2008 (Burnaby, BC) – The Burnaby Velodrome Club (BVC), a non-profit sports organization in Burnaby, British Columbia, is seeking a part-time Track Attendant for general administrative duties including collecting drop-in fees, logging in members, and managing rental equipment.
The Track Attendant is part of the Operations staff of the velodrome. These staff work as the front-line contact with members, visitors, and the general public. Under the supervision of the VP, Operations, the Track Attendant is responsible for signing members in, collecting any fees required, and dispensing rental equipment as required. The Track Attendant will work 18 hours per week. Work shifts are: Monday 3pm — 6pm, Wednesday 3:30pm — 9:30pm, Friday 3:30pm — 9:30pm, and Saturday 6:30pm — 9:30pm. The wage for this position starts at $10/hour and will be adjusted upward based on experience and other job tasks that the Attendant can perform.
– Maintain all Front Desk Logs — including Membership sign-in database, rental equipment log, and maintenance log.
– Maintain Cashbox — Collect drop-in and rental equipment fees, handle cash from purchases of club merchandise, count cashbox contents at start and end of shift.
– Monitor & Dispense Rental Equipment.
– Assist with Club Office Upgrade Projects — As directed by VP, Operations.
– Monitor and Maintain Club Office Supplies and Merchandise.
– Maintain a Professional and Positive club office. Keep desk and office space clean and tidy.
– Answer Questions from Public and New Members — Be familiar with track policies, programs, and practices.
– Monitor Member Adherence to Track Policies.
– Be Punctual in reporting to all assigned shifts.
– Other Duties as Assigned.
Good communication and customer service skills, good attention to detail and organization, experience with handling cash, good computer skills, and an outgoing personality. Familiarity with cycling and bike repair would be an asset, as would general mechanical aptitude, and both may lead to increased responsibility and pay.
Send Resume and Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, February 17th, 2008.