January 12, 2009 (St. Catherines, ON) – Bikefit, one of Canada’s leading bicycle retailers is growing again! Located in the heart of Niagara’s cycling paradise, we cater to beginners and enthusiasts alike with top brands like Trek and Giant. If you have a passion for cycling and a devotion to first class customer service we want to hear from you.
Tech Centre Manager / Lead Bicycle Mechanic
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Tech Centre Manager oversees, coordinates, schedules and successfully executes all Tech Centre activities and ensures excellent customer service, quality workmanship and timely delivery.
In addition, the Tech Centre Manager is also responsible for:
– Professional bicycle assembly and repair duties
– Supervision of all department staff with regards to highly accurate P.O.S. system use and adherence to company policies & procedures
– Assisting with hiring, training and motivating Tech Centre staff
– Assisting with staff performance evaluations and reports
– Inventory management of products and supplies as they relate to the department
– Participation in factory training and product knowledge seminars
– Involvement in facilitating and organizing seminars and special events for the cycling community
– Warranty claims and recovery
– Assistance in shipping and receiving as required
– Maintaining a clean, organized, safe and hazard free work environment pursuant to the Health and Safety Act
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
– Minimum 3 years experience as a professional bicycle mechanic with highly developed skills in wheel building, hydraulic brake and suspension service
– Long term employment plans and desire for a better future
– Desire to learn more and a commitment to continuous improvement
– Ability to trouble shoot, multi task and meet priority deadlines
– Excellent judgment, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills
– Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
– A team player with a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
– Enthusiastically contribute to the success and profitability of Bikefit
– Computer and P.O.S. experience and asset
– Ability to climb ladders, lift and push/pull heavy equipment, stand and walk for extended periods of time
We offer great wages, health and dental benefits to the right applicant. This position offers excellent career potential along with significant opportunity for increased responsibility. Relocation assistance is negotiable.
Cover letter, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.