June 29, 2013 (Toronto, ON) – Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
The COC is seeking a dynamic Manager, Marketing, Communications and Corporate Partnerships. The incumbent will be a dynamic, sales and marketing oriented individual responsible for the creation, implementation and day to day management of the Foundation’s marketing, communications, and corporate partnerships portfolio. This is an entrepreneurial position within the COF and the purpose is to activate and amplify the position and brand using non-traditional, dynamic platforms.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with both Foundation and COC senior management, the Manager, Marketing, Communications and Corporate Partnerships manages all aspects of the marketing plan, foundation communications, and day to day management of corporate partners.
Application Deadline: July 12, 2013
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
• Develop marketing campaign strategies and work-plans, manage timeline and execute the campaign in coordination with COC, agencies and vendors.
• Proactively work with the COC to leverage existing assets as well as provide a complimentary promotion to their Brand campaign.
• Work with agency partners to position the COF as an important cause in sport in Canada on a limited budget.
• Prepare and launch the COF in the Canadian marketplace for Fall 2013 and leverage communications assets through Winter 2013-14.
• Identify key marketing opportunities within Canada to activate and amplify the COF brand and position.
• Establish the COF internally and externally as the leading sport charity in Canada based on solid positioning and impact.
• Actively solicit COF events and activities to media through PR, Digital and Social Media in partnership with the COC Communications team.
• Develop written materials, including copy for corporate communications, donor stewardship reports, websites.
• Ensure that the Foundation’s key messages are integrated into all materials and communications.
• Ensure the Foundation’s website is current, accurate and engaging.
• Integrate with COC corporate communications to establish the COF within COC activities where possible including: press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, reports, briefing documents, speech, scripts and donor relations materials.
• Work in partnership with Foundation and COC staff to identify and develop donor recognition opportunities.
• Engage the COC in promoting a positive image, reputation and awareness of the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
3. Corporate Partners/Cause related Marketing programs
• Manage internal and external relationships to support corporate cause marketing programs
• Manage working relationships within the COC including obtaining the necessary approvals on trademarks and marketing guidelines and implementations as needed
• Build strategic direction and identify prospects and solicit COF corporate donor portfolio.
4. 3rd Party Fundraising Events
• Manage current 3rd party event relationships for the COF (e.g. Gold Medal Plates, Hall of Fame Gala)
• Secure new 3rd party event revenues for the COF
• Represent the COF as required in Committee meetings and other organizing activities of the event producers
• Manage the licensing, trademark and logo usage agreements of the COF and seek approvals as required
• Attend events as a representative of the COF as required
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
• University degree and experience in marketing, sales and communications (PR).
• Experience in a dynamic, sports marketing and/or fundraising organization.
• Event management experience or exposure required.
• Bilingual in English and French, both written and spoken an asset.
Communications: Communications skills are essential to ensure the Foundation’s vision is clearly communicated and understood by all key stakeholders. Critical skills:
• Very strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with a balance of vision and attention to detail.
• Comfortable delivering written and verbal presentations to senior management, donors, sponsors and other stakeholders as required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and build relationships with corporate partners, board members and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and brand management, agency management and campaign production.
Operational: A strong and disciplined management approach. Critical skills:
• Strong time management required to deploy resources in areas that are on strategy and have the greatest impact.
• Very self-motivated, able to multitask and work independently. Ability to be innovative, creative and solve problems under tight deadlines and with limited resources.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by July 12, 2013 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position:
Full Time – Employee
View Attachment: Manager, MarComm and CP Foundation – June 2013.pdf