August 05, 2014 (Toronto, ON) – The Canadian Paralympic Committee is excited to be seeking applications for an amazing home Games opportunity, the 2015 Parapan American Games in Toronto, Ontario, Canada being held from August 7 to 14, 2015. The Assistant Chef de Mission assists the Chef de Mission of the Canadian Team in all activities in relation to the Games.
This position involves an important level of responsibility and requires a considerable commitment of time, energy and effort. The successful candidate is expected to support the leadership provided by the Chef de Mission in relation to the Canadian Team Mission, with key responsibilities including (but not limited to) participation in site visits, regular conference calls and/or mission staff meetings, national events, selection trials, training events, the Chef de Mission Seminar, Mission Orientation Seminar and the Games. The CPC will cover the traveling expenses to meetings, seminars and the Games; in addition to accommodation and meal costs incurred while fulfilling Assistant Chef responsibilities.
The nomination process below is in line with the Canadian Paralympic Committee Nomination Policy. There are 2 options to be nominated for the position as below described.
Each CPC Paralympic Sport Member in good standing as of the date of the call for applications is permitted to nominate one candidate.
Two (2) CPC Board members are also permitted to nominate candidates
The selected candidate will demonstrate the below qualifications:
– To have a variety of experiences and skills demonstrating ability to support, lead, motivate and foster team building;
– To be a known figure in Canadian sport and demonstrate the skills to be a spokesperson on behalf of the CPC when required;
– To demonstrate strong organizational skills;
– To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills;
– To demonstrate effective communication skills (written and oral);
– To have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
– To have background experience and expertise with problem-solving and crisis management;
– To commit an extensive amount of time to the role;
– To demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced and pressured environment; and
– To create an environment where athletes and coaches can compete to the best of their abilities while achieving podium successes.
– To have the ability to communicate in both Canada’s official languages;
– To be aware of and understand CPC strategic framework, policies and issues related to Paralympic Games;
– To have previous experience on a Paralympic Games Mission and/or other international games experience is an asset; and
– To be involved with CPC.
Please send your application including filled nomination form, letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director, Sport Catherine Gosselin-Després at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day August 15, 2014.