April 10, 2009 – Here is a selection of job opportunities in the bicycle industry, including sales positions at the Cyclepath in Calgary and Oakville, Marketing Manager for Oakely, Bike Trade Sales Agent for Rennie Solutions, and Bikefit Inc Tech Centre Manager / Lead Bicycle Mechanic. Read on for more details.
Cyclepath Calgary – Sales
Two permanent, full-time positions available, starting ASAP
Company Information: The Cyclepath is a full service bike shop located in Calgary, Alberta.
Job Description: Full time sales associates required. If you enjoy getting to know people, and love cycling, this is the job for you. Weekend and evening work will be required.
Contact Information: The Cyclepath, Doan Galarneau firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 403-258-0358 Fax: 403-253-7827 Web: www.thecyclepath.ca
Cyclepath Oakville – Sales
Full- and part-time positions available – Sales/Sales Management
Company Information: At Cyclepath Oakville we run a busy sales floor and repair shop. We sell a wide range of bikes and accessories for all needs.
Job Description: We are looking for full and part time sales members for our team. We need punctual, hard working, focussed individuals with excellent customer service skills and comprehensive bike knowledge. Sales experience essential.
Contact Information: Cyclepath Oakville, Laura Welch email@example.com Phone: 905-338-0783 Fax: 905-338-0784 Web: www.cyclepath.ca
Oakley Canada – Markerting Manager, Quebec-Saint-Laurent
Full-time permanent Marketing/Advertising/PR position, starting ASAP
Job Description: Oakley Canada is presently recruiting for a Marketing Manager to guard the brand image on all levels of business in Canada. This position’s main focuses, among others, are to plan and execute marketing initiatives, plan and manage marketing budget, manage, motivate and educate marketing staff as well as work closely with sales management on business development.
The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor of Management (concentration Marketing), have acquired at least 2 years of marketing management experience, possess strong communication skills, be fluently bilingual, structured and organized as well as available to travel frequently.
IF you feel that you fit all the required qualifications of this job, please e-mail our Human Resource department at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th 2009. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Rennie Solutions – Bike Trade Sales Agent for Ontario and B.C.
Permanent, full-time Sales and Sales Management positions available
Job Description: Excellent opportunity, in both cases, to represent a major in the bicycle business. This company is seeking agents with a passion for the bicycle business, a passion for service and knowledge of the Ontario or B.C. markets. Would also consider individuals with these attributes to cover each of the two territories as a company employee. This major bicycle-business brand in Canada markets a program that includes bikes in virtually all categories, a very extensive program of accessories and distinctive apparel. This major bicycle brand encourages all enquiries, each of which will be treated in utmost confidence. Please reply with your resume or agency profile, in full confidence, to: Jim Rennie, Rennie Solutions Inc., 346 Deloraine Ave., Toronto, ON M5M 2B6. Phone: 416/436-1670. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: Rennie Solutions, Jim Rennie email@example.com Phone: 416-436-1670
Bikefit Inc – Tech Centre Manager / Lead Bicycle Mechanic, St. Catharines
Permanent, Full-Time position, starting ASAP
Company Information: Bikefit, one of Canada’s leading bicycle retailers. Job Description Bikefit, one of Canada’s leading bicycle retailers is growing again! Located in the heart of Niagara’s cycling paradise, we cater to beginners and enthusiasts alike with top brands like Trek and Giant. If you have a passion for cycling and a devotion to first class customer service we want to hear from you.
Job description: Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Tech Centre Manager oversees, coordinates, schedules and successfully executes all Tech Centre activities and ensures excellent customer service, quality workmanship and timely delivery.
In addition, the Tech Centre Manager is also responsible for:
– Professional bicycle assembly and repair duties
– Supervision of all department staff with regards to highly accurate P.O.S. system use and adherence to company policies & procedures
– Assisting with hiring, training and motivating Tech Centre staff
– Assisting with staff performance evaluations and reports
– Inventory management of products and supplies as they relate to the department
– Participation in factory training and product knowledge seminars
– Involvement in facilitating and organizing seminars and special events for the cycling community
– Warranty claims and recovery
– Assistance in shipping and receiving as required
– Maintaining a clean, organized, safe and hazard free work environment pursuant to the Health and Safety Act
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
– Minimum 3 years experience as a professional bicycle mechanic with highly developed skills in wheel building, hydraulic brake and suspension service
– Long term employment plans and desire for a better future
– Desire to learn more and a commitment to continuous improvement
– Ability to trouble shoot, multi task and meet priority deadlines
– Excellent judgment, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills
– Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
– A team player with a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
– Enthusiastically contribute to the success and profitability of Bikefit
– Computer and P.O.S. experience and asset
– Ability to climb ladders, lift and push/pull heavy equipment, stand and walk for extended periods of time
We offer great wages, health and dental benefits to the right applicant. This position offers excellent career potential along with significant opportunity for increased responsibility. Relocation assistance is negotiable.
Cover letter, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Information: Bikefit Inc, John Rikkerink email@example.com Phone: 905.646.9696 www.bikefit.ca