November 15, 2013 – Cycling British Columbia is the governing body for cycling in British Columbia and is currently seeking individuals to fill two positions at the association: Membership & Communications and Business Development Manage. See full job descriptions below.
Membership & Communications
Cycling BC is currently seeking an energetic and dedicated individual to join our team as our Membership & Communications person. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record of multitasking and time management skills and be able to work effectively with staff, volunteers and the general public.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership & Communications person will be responsible for the following key areas as follows:
Key Job Responsibilities:
– Managing the website and social media sites, including press releases, e-newsletters, • Managing the communications • Managing the membership database • Issuing licenses, handling licensing enquiries and category upgrades.
– Printing licenses & batching mail-out of license, letter and personally addressed envelope • Answer reception phones, and screen /forward calls and take messages for staff • Schedule a review meeting each month
Experience & Skills:
– Minimum of 1-2 years of office administration experience o Attention to detail o Knowledge of database systems an asset o Knowledge of the sporting system and working with not-for-profit organizations o Effective verbal/written communication skills and computer skills
– Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task o Self-starter who is a highly motivated and committed individual o Proven excellence in work habits, able to work as part of a team in a team culture o IT literate with experience in WordPress, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, ConstantContact, HootSuite, and graphic design computer programs an asset
Deadline: November 30th (Saturday) Start Date: January 13th (Monday)
Contact: Richard Wooles via email firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Development Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Title: Business Development Manager
Cycling British Columbia is the governing body for cycling in British Columbia. Our growing organization plans to change the way cycling is viewed in this Province. Our organization is changing, and we are looking at better ways to offer real value to our members.
We are building better events, and creating better reasons for people to be members, while focusing on developing our youth and high performance riders along with sustainable clubs with good coaching.
We are also developing a new vision, strategy, and business plan for the organization.
Cycling British Columbia is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with excellent people and team management skills, as well as a broad range of knowledge and experience in business development in order to increase the breadth of our cycling workforce. This is a new and senior position for our organization.
Business Development Manager Job Purpose:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for improving the organization’s market position while leading our efforts to grow our financial resources in a stable and sustainable manner. Specifically, this will involve:
– Participation in the Senior Management team in preparing strategic and financial plans;
– Overseeing the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, in-kind resources and funding-specific requests for proposals;
– Ensuring alignment with affiliated organizations/members.
This person is expected to show vision and leadership in defining long-term strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business transactions and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions. To achieve this, the successful applicant must find potential new customers, convert them into clients, and continue to successfully grow the business. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they are satisfied and positive supporters of the organization. This person is expected to be a key contributor to the organization.
Business Development Manager Job Duties:
– To support the development and delivery of the Cycling British Columbia strategic objectives.
– Report directly to the Executive Director of Cycling BC. – Develop the organization’s Business Development strategy with stakeholder and committee input, and implement this strategy to increase and stabilize revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization. – To prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. – To develop a rapport with new and existing clients, set targets for fundraising and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
– Participate in the preparation and management of the business development budget.
– Manage the existing fundraising database, foster strong relationships with donors and sponsors for the long term, and respect the privacy and confidentiality of donor and member information.
– Locates or proposes potential business opportunities by contacting potential partners and identifying and exploring opportunities.
– Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching similar national and international organizations’ strategies, industry trends, publications, and announcements; as well as tracking all forms of individual contributors and their accomplishments.
– Research prospective funders and initiate sponsorship contracts and/or grant proposals that meet with overall business development strategy
– Prepare complex funding proposals and grant applications to corporations, foundations, government, external associations and community partners
– Update donor information, follow up on NSTF donations and donor acknowledgement – Update sponsor information, follow up on outstanding sponsorship invoices, sponsor acknowledgement and sponsorship advertising
– Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its members and donors and maximize public awareness of the activities of the organization including, but not limited to e-newsletter, direct mail, and marketing campaigns
– Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
– Plan fundraising events and coordinate execution with events coordinator – Engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
– Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
– Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
– The Business development management position requires a bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is an asset, but not required.
Other Skills and Qualifications
– The successful candidate will have strong skills in the following areas: a self starter with networking and prospecting skills, public speaking, research, writing, and negotiating skills, good business sense, pays attention to customer needs and challenges, a high energy level, professionalism, a positive attitude, and a team player. The individual should also be very familiar with Microsoft Office.
– Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s abilities and experience and will be competitive with leading private sector business expectations. The Business Development Manager will also be eligible for a meaningful annual bonus based on achievement of agreed upon performance metrics.
– To be determined if the post will be a contract position or permanent position
– Individuals interested in applying for this position should forward their cover letter and full resume to the attention of:
Richard Wooles Executive Director of Cycling BC 201-210 West Broadway Vancouver BC V5Y 3W2
Deadline: December 5th, 2013
Interviews Held: December 16th – 20th, 2013
Start Date: January or February of 2014, depending on candidate’s availability
Cycling BC | 201-210 West Broadway | Vancouver, BC, V5Y 3W2 | Phone: 604-737-3034 | Fax: 604-737-3141