August 3, 2006 – The Canadian Adventure Racing Association is seeking an enthusiastic individual with experience in adventure racing for the position of Executive Director. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and manage remote employees. Excellent communication and writing skills are necessary. The candidate will act to ensure that the Association moves in the direction determined by the executive board. A working knowledge of the sport is an asset, as is prior experience with other sporting organizations.
Hours: This is a part time position of ~10 hours/week
Salary: Remuneration negotiable.
Position to begin September 01, 2006.
Length of contract: 1 year
– The director will be responsible for managing 1 or more employees at any given time.
– The director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Association and ensure that it is operating in accordance with the by-laws.
– The director will be responsible for managing special Association projects.
– The director will be responsible for pursuing funding opportunities on behalf of the Association.
– The director will be responsible for communicating with members of the executive board regularly as well as during bi-monthly meetings.
The application deadline is Friday, August 25th, 2006 at 5 pm EST.
A statement of interest and resume should be electronically submitted by email to CARA president Wayne Leek (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before the closing date.
Inquiries about the position should also be directed to Wayne. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.