Invita Sport owners, Dave Jones and Helen Krapf-Jones are very happy to continue support for the Junior team which was started 2 years ago. This will include the addition of the Cadet, Junior and Senior 3 riders on the women’s team for the 2012 season.
The success of the team in 2011 had members of the Junior team win medals at Track Nationals in Bromont Quebec, as well as many podium finishes in the Ontario Cup road season. The 2 teams plan to contest both road and track events going into the new season. One of the goals of the team is to place riders on Team Ontario and Team Canada for both road and track in the up coming season.
The team presentation on Saturday, December 3rd, was held at the Invita Sport retail store in Mississauga. The event was very well attended by Invita’s regular clients who were introduced to the 2 cycling teams. The plan for the team is to regularly attend the Mississauga Tuesday night crit races, which are located 2 blocks from the Invita Sport’s retail store.
Invita-FCV Cycling Team members for 2012
– Farleigh Creswicke (Cadet) – Tottenham
– Kartharine Marrentette (Jr) – Komoka
– Claudia Newdick (Cadet) – Cambridge
– Candice Vermuelen (Senior 3) – London
– Stephanie Morrison (Senior 3) – St Catharines
– Sarah Mason (Cadet) – Arva
– Erin Dowswell (Senior 3) – London
Junior – Senior 3 Team
– Biran Falk-Dotan (Junior) – St Catharines
– Patrick McGinley (Senior 3) – Oakville
– Eric Dickenson (Senior 3) – Hamilton
– Adrian George (Junior) – Hamilton
– Shane McCormick (Junior) – Hamilton
– Eric MacDonald (Junior) – London
– William Simonds (Junior) – London