TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (January through April 2015)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Intern would assist with various tasks including:
- Logistics planning for the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games: accommodations, procurement, cargo, ticketing, rate card, outfitting, transportation, etc.
- Event logistics (registration, signage, gifting, onsite assistance, etc.) for the Olympic Preparation Workshops.
- Site visit logistics and content compiling for Toronto, Rio de Janeiro and PyeongChang Games
- Compilation and cataloging of historical Canadian results data at Pan American Games.
- Manage requests for information on historical Canadian participation / results at Pan American Games.
- Assist – as required – with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Database management
- Ability to work some weekends and week nights is required
- Sense of humour
- Bilingual (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by December 5, 2014 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Intern / co-op
Web Address: http://olympic.ca/employment/