Horseshoe Resort has added loads of new and exciting features to the Bike Park for the 2014 season and will continue the expansion throughout the year. The new additions include Horseshoe’s Bike Barn which offers guests bike rentals and repairs, a bike trail expansion featuring connecting downhill trails and cross hill benching trails, a Joy Ride 150 skills course, as well as additional beginner/intermediate cross country terrain to the Ontario Cup loop and a junior learn-to-ride track. Also new for 2014 is a partnership with <http://www.rideguides.ca/>Ride Guides, the premier provider of cycling adventures in Ontario, making them the resort’s official bike guides.
“Horseshoe has quickly become the premier biking destination in Ontario,” says Jonathan Reid, Director of Partnerships and Events at Horseshoe Resort. “While most biking destinations only offer downhill or cross-country, Horseshoe offers the best of both worlds on our vast and connecting trails through the Horseshoe Valley. With so many great events coming up this season including the Superfly Racing O-Cup XC Championships, this season at the resort is one bike enthusiasts shouldn’t miss out on.”
As the summer training location for Canadian World Cup athlete Cayley Brooks, Horseshoe has the hills and drills to help cyclists train and improve their skills. New for 2014 are discounted passes for provincial and competitive bike teams training on the resort’s expansive trails. The resort is also introducing the Horseshoe bike team, led by renowned bike and Nordic coach, Andrew Doble and in partnership with bicycle manufacturer Norco.
Throughout this season, Horseshoe is hosting a roster of cycling events for riders to take part in:
– May 11 – CycloFemme, an annual Mother’s Day ride that unites cyclists around the world, empowering the future of women in cycling
– May 31 – Cycle Camelot, a one-day cycling event benefiting Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre
– June 21-22 – Centurion Cycling, a unique cycling event featuring distances of 25 miles, 50 miles and 75 miles
– June 21-22 and August 23-24 – TUF Rack O-Cup Downhill Series, a race with four individual stages with a combined timing for the overall results
– Real Deal Racing Cross Series every Tuesday night in September and October
– September 21 – Superfly Racing O-Cup #7 XC Championships, one of Canada’s premier XC Mountain Bike racing series
– November 5 – Real Deal XC Classic
“We select only the best venues in the province to host the Ontario Cup Series,” says Sean Ruppel of Superfly Racing. “Horseshoe has a wicked combination of technical hilly trails and high-speed flat courses, making it perfect O-Cup terrain. Competitors are in for a fun and challenging race.”
Riders can bike all day for $29, or get a half-day pass for $21. Seasons passes are available from $114. Guests can bring their own gear, or rent from the resort’s new Bike Barn, equipped with everything needed for an awesome day of riding.
Take advantage of Horseshoe’s Bike & Bunk package starting from $199 per night based on double occupancy. The package includes accommodation, breakfast and a one day bike trail pass per person.
For more information click here or call 855-938-6645.