February 26, 2014 – GSD Kallisto Management Specialized powered by Mazda unveiled the name of its new national women’s professional cycling team: SAS-MAZDA-Macogep powered by Specialized which used to be known as GSD Kallisto Specialized powered by Mazda
For 2014, the team is composed of eight all-Canadian athletes:
– Stephanie Roorda, Vancouver
– Kristi Lay, Calgary
– Anne-Marie Morin, Québec
– Roxanne Pépin, Amos
– Adrianne Provost, Repentigny
– Marie-Ève Poisson, Trois Rivières
– Catherine Dessureault, Laval
– Rosalie Cardin, Montreal
These eight athletes already combine two victories on the track at the World Cup in Mexico City and Los Angeles, and 2 silver medals at the World Cup in the United Kingdom and Mexico.
Our loyal partners
Once again, the team can count on solid and faithful partners that support its athletes and its philosophy: Train and overcome to achieve its objectives.
– SAS Canada, the main financial partner of the team this year, will also bring its expertise in advanced analytical material, developing an optimization of the performance of our athlete’s technology platform. Sas will ensure that this technological contribution is an essential tool in the development of athletes on the team, in preparation for the Olympic Games 2016.
– Specialized, partner since 2007, will provide our athletes the chance to ride on Amira expert and wear accessories of high quality.
– Mazda Canada, also with us since 2007 will provide its new CX5 available to the team for travel in competition.
– Macogep, offer for the second consecutive year, a vital financial and administrative support to the functioning of the team.
– Thule and Jolifilm, sponsor the team for three years.
– Lacasse clothing, made in Montreal will dress our athletes head to toe.
– Infinit Nutrition, partner with Garmin professional team will take care of rehydration or our riders during races.
– Natura, soy milk and energy bars Fruit 2 to provide them with energy.
– Imagix, will take care of the wounds of our ambassadors.
– Olivier Genioni of France, research funding for the team.
– Julbo, will be providing again this year glasses.
– Cycles St-Laurent will have the important task of the mechanical maintenance of the bikes fleet.
– Aux 4 Sommets, a center for outdoor activities in St. Alphonse de Rodriguez, will be used as a training camp for our athletes
A busy schedule in 2014
The SAS – MAZDA – Macogep team, powered by Specialized, will primarily ride in North America for 2014. Our partners and supporters can come see us in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia and in Philadelphia for prestigious appointment as the new UCI race on June 1 and the Canadian Championships in June.
Details will be posted on our website and Facebook page here.
Finally, we will host a new road race Aux 4 Sommets in St. Alphonse de Rodriguez, June 15. This race will be open to juniors to veterans groups, women and men.
On behalf of the entire team, thank you to all our partners and all our fans!
Hope to see you on the roads.