June 2, 2011 (Vancouver,BC) – The Peak Centre Cycling Clinic is a comprehensive program designed to prepare riders for the Whistler GranFondo or other Fondo distance rides. The program includes Peak Centre’s state-of-the-art assessment and training services with 2 expert instructor-led outdoor rides per week designed to build aerobic fitness and climbing power. Different Bikes has partnered to offer tune-up services to make sure your bike is in tip-top shape through training and on the ride day as well as discounts on any bikes, gear or accessories you may need as you prepare.
– Lactate testing to determine individual power and heart rate training zones
– 2 weekly instructor-led rides – 1 intensity session (Wednesday evenings), 1 long ride (Saturday Morning)
– 14 Week Training Program including Strength and Flexibility work to prepare you for the Fondo.
– 2 free bike tune-ups at any Different Bikes location (Pre-Fondo tune-up must be pre-booked for priority)
– Discount on parts, accessories and gear at Different Bikes (any location)
– Develop better bike handling and group riding skills
– Some of the long rides will be on the course with support
– Optional Info sessions on fuelling & nutrition, gear, bike maintenance
– Small class size to ensure instructors can provide the proper support and guidance
– Optional: Bike Fit and/or Preventative Performance Evaluation through Active Life Physio (to identify strength imbalances, core strength and joint mobility issues)
When: Wednesday Nights @ 7-8:30pm (leaving from Peak in Burnaby) and Saturday Mornings at 8:30am (leaving from DB locations in Burnaby and West Van for long ride variety)
Dates: June 15 – Sept 11, 2011
Cost: $499 + HST
For more information contact the Peak Centre at 604-299-7959 or email@example.com