February 3, 2006 – It is February and we thought it would be a good time to Kick-Off our 2nd Annual Fund-Raising drive for 2006. The Velodrome has added many new programs since we opened in April 2005 and we need to keep them running for all of the members of the Velodrome.
If you make your cheque payable to the “Sport Is Development Fund”, the Ontario Cycling Association can make sure you get a Tax Receipt for the full amount of your donation. One of the cool things about this program is that 100% of the funds raised goes back into the programs at the Forest City Velodrome.
* Velo-Kids Saturday & Sunday session, plus FREE use of the youth bikes.
* Mid-Week noon hour & afternoon rides to continue.
* 28 hours of Recreational riding each week.
* 2 Seniors Recreational sessions each week.
* 4 Levels of Track School to help new riders get acquainted with Track
* Junior Development Programs, Clinics and Mini-Camps, support for Track
* Weekly race Training sessions.
* Interval training sessions, for Sprint and Endurance Athlete’s
* Races to help develop your speed for the road season.
With your help we can expand these programs in the coming months.
Every donation above $100.00 will receive their name on our New “Wall of
Fame”. All donations will be represented on our website.
Companies can take advantage of the additional advertising space we have
added to the infield. These donations will be handled separately. Please
call Rob Good for all the details of this advertising and marketing