January 17, 2014 (Toronto, ON) – We hope you have picked your ringers and registered your team for the SkiTrax Fantasy FIS Marathon Cup 2013/14 Contest, as the deadline to enter is 10 pm EST on Saturday, January 18, 2014 – that’s tomorrow! After that, the contest is up and running with the 60km Dolomitenlauf in Lienz, Austria on January 19.
Don’t miss your opportunity to win the Grand Prize – a luxurious get-away at the fabulous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise including an XC Ski 3-night package w/breakfast, Deli credit, Tour or Lesson, and two 60-minute spa treatments – a $1,550 value. Plus, there are nine other fantastic prizes up for grabs!
The Marathon Cup Contest is similar to our other fantasy contests with a twist – here’s how it works. Register your team of four (4) men and four (4) women plus one “Outlaw” male skier not in the top 15 and one “Outlaw” female skier not in the top 10 of the FIS Marathon Cup overall rankings – all lists are at registration. Here’s the twist… following the La Transjurassienne event (Feb. 9/14) we’ll allow contestants to swap one male and one female skier from their team for added excitement leading into the final four (4) races.
Please note that any points earned by members of your team at the La Sgambeda event will count toward your overall point total so keep that in mind while making your final selections.
Points are awarded following each Marathon Cup World Loppet based on each skier’s performance and published regularly at skitrax.com so you can see how your score compares with other international players and the actual FIS Marathon standings. Earn bonus Am Birkie or Gatineau Loppet points plus other Bonus points – all information and contest rules are available when you register your team – and read more about the FIS Marathon Cup here.
These are the only FIS Fantasy Nordic contests of their kind worldwide so don’t miss your chance to enjoy fabulous top level xc ski racing and win fabulous prizes – good luck to all contestants.
The deadline to register or revise your team is 10 pm EST on Saturday, January 18, 2014 – the day before the 60km Dolomitenlauf on January 19.
Thanks to all of our great sponsors, including Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Yoko, Salomon, Rudy Project, Halti, Supercamp, Exer-Genie, Vauhti, Fresh Air Experience, High Peaks Cyclery, and Buff.
FIS Fantasy Marathon Cup Prizes
* 1st Prize – Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – XC Ski 3-night luxury package w/breakfast & Spa (value up to $1,550)
* 2nd Prize – Yoko YXR skate skis and 9100 poles (value $899)
* 3rd Prize – Salomon S-Lab Skate or Classic boots ($450sk/$299cl)
* 4th Prize – Rudy Project Sunglasses For Sport Agon + For Life Spinhawk (value $450)
* 5th Prize – Halti Nokka XC Outfit (value $325)
* 6th Prize – Supercamp 2.5-day weekend camp w/coaching, lunches, trail passes etc. (value $275)
* 7th Prize – Exer-Genie XC Trainer (value $229)
* 8th Prize – Vauhti Package w/Thermo drink belt, kick waxes, cork, ties, manual (value $150)
* 9th Prize – Fresh Air Experience or High Peaks Cyclery Gift Certificate (value $100)
* 10th Prize – Buff Headware (value $23)
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).