June 4, 2002. (Lancaster, PA) – On a tough, twisty “European-Style” course,
David Clinger and USPS got a good start to First Union Week.
Michael Barry (USPS), who has previously finished well (2nd) had an
excellent ride finishing 6th. Barry’s teammate George Hincapie, whose aim
is to regain the Stars and Stripes winners jersey, he has not worn for 3
years, finished in the top ten. The next stop is the ultra-fast, flat First
Union Classic in Trenton, NJ.
First Union Invitational, June 4, 2002.
1. David Clinger (USA) U.S. Postal Service 3.18.52 (44.35 km/h)
2. Chris Wherry (USA) Mercury 0.16
3. Tom Leaper (Aus) Navigators 1.40
4. Oleg Grichkine (Rus) Navigators 1.59
5. Zbigniew Piatek (Pol) Mroz
6. Michael Barry (Can) U.S. Postal Service
7. Sebastien Mattozza (Bel) Landbouwkrediet-Colnago
8. Henk Vogels (Aus) Mecury
9. George Hincapie (USA) U.S. Postal Service
10. Greg Henderson (NZl) 7UP-Nutra Fig
11. Charles Dionne (Can) 7UP-Nutra Fig
20. Mark Walters (Can) Navigators
47. Eric Wohlberg (Can) Saturn
57. Svein Tuft (Can) Prime Alliance