August 10, 2007 (Fernie, B.C.) — Fernie Alpine Resort announces the “Reels of Wheels” Mountain Biking Film Contest, presented by Island Lake Lodge. The contest is part of the many activities scheduled for the annual Full Throttle Mountain Bike Festival, taking place August 24-26, 2007.
The “Reels of Wheels” contest aims to provide amateur filmmakers the opportunity to showcase Fernie’s amazing mountain biking terrain and/or local mountain biking talent. Entries should be submitted to the Resort in DVD format, and should be a maximum of five minutes in length. The deadline for entries is Monday, August 20th. The “Reels of Wheels” registration form is available for download at www.ferniefullthrottle.com
The DVD entries will be judged prior to the festival, and the top five entries will be shown on the Big Screen during Friday’s festivities. The winning video will receive a 2008 Fernie Alpine Resort Summer Mountain Biking Season’s Pass!
The Fernie Full Throttle Mountain Bike Festival will feature activities, races, and competitions, with something for everyone, both on the mountain and in the plaza.
Fernie Full Throttle Mountain Bike Festival — August 24-26 – Powered by Volkswagen
Friday, August 24th
– 5:00 pm — 7:00 pm – Lifts stay open late
– 5:00 pm — 12:00 am Kokanee Beer Gardens
– 8:00 pm- 11:00 pm – Big Screen Movie Showings – Reels of Wheels Film Contest (presented by Island Lake Lodge) – Shoot a 5 minute Mountain Biking Film and submit it by August 20 to Fernie Alpine Resort! Top 5 videos will be judged at the Festival. You could win a 2008 Fernie Summer Season’s Pass!
Saturday, August 25th
– 9:00am — 11:00am – Full Throttle Pancake Breakfast – Join us for a full breakfast (pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage and coffee) on the Kokanee Deck between 9-11am. Cost is $4.00 per person and all proceeds will go to a local charity.
– 9:00am — 7:00pm – Slopestyle Bike Contest – The signature event of the weekend! Hugely popular with spectators as the event features riders showing off their skills on a course of challenging man-made features at the base of the mountain.
– 11:00am — 10:00pm – Kokanee Beer Gardens & BBQ Open
– 10:00am — 5:00pm – Family Mountain PlayZone – Centrally located in the mountain plaza, the Family Mountain PlayZone will be a hub of activity! Activities include the Festival Marketplace, the stunning Bike Trials Demonstration, Kids Bike Parade, the ever-popular Dragon Bouncing Tent, and more!
– 2:00 — 7:00pm – DJ Fedski
– 7:30 — 9:30pm – LIVE BAND — The Cranston Foundation
Sunday, August 26th
– 7:30am — 11:00am – The Rossignol Challenge – FUN for athletes of all levels and abilities! Enter as a three-person team or challenge yourself and go solo! The course includes 3 stages: Trail run, mountain bike uphill climb & mountain bike downhill, finishing at the base area.
– 10:00am — 4:00pm – Family Mountain PlayZone
– 10:00am — 4:00pm – Super D Enduro Race (presented by Silver Rock Condominiums) A gruelling all-mountain event that incorporates technical singletrack riding with endurance and speed. For ages 13+, this race tests the full spectrum of mountain biking skills!
– 11:00am — 6:00pm – Kokanee Beer Gardens & BBQ Open
– 11:00am — 2:00pm – DJ Ari
– 2:00 — 4:00pm – LIVE BAND – Green Season
Proudly sponsored by:
Full Throttle Energy Drink, Volkswagen, Rossignol, Scott, Fernie Lodging Company, Pedal Magazine, Kootenay Rockies Tourism, The Fernie Fix, Island Lake Lodge, The Guides Hut, Silver Rock Condominiums, McDonalds, Falkins Insurance, Kokanee, Appleton’s, Smith, Planet Foods.
Please note: Schedule is subject to change
For more information, visit www.ferniefullthrottle.com