September 14, 2017 (Oro Station, ON) – The course for the Fall Epic 8 Hour is marked and open for pre-riding. The course map will be available on our website and at the Hardwood Ski & Bike front desk. The Epic 8 Hour course is open for pre-riding during regular Hardwood hours of operation only, and regular trail fees apply until Friday Sept 22.
Group discounts are available for teams and clubs. Please see the Hardwood website here for complete hours and trail fees.
· Enter by Saturday Sept 16 and get your Team Name on personalized number plates!
· Final Entry Deadline is Wednesday Sept 20 at Midnight. There is NO entry after this time.
Trek Demo – come rip a lap on a Trek Top Fuel or Ex Demo – see our friends at Trek Store Demo Area to reserve your demo bike.
New for 2017
The Fall Epic 8 Hour will host a Live Band starting at 3:00 pm, and Hardwood will offer a beer garden along with their great BBQ foods.
Why do an Epic 8 Hour?
There are several reasons why its’ more fun than a conventional race.
1. Because the Epic 8 Hour is defined by time, not distance, nobody finishes “last”. All riders finish at about the same time. Slower riders can
ride at their own pace without feeling like they are “holding up” anyone. Faster riders who want a good workout can put in more laps and ride more distance.
2. In a conventional race, most of us never see the faster riders after the start line, and never see them in action at all. In an Epic 8 Hour, most of us will get passed by faster riders at some point. These “fast guys and girlz” are inspiring to watch, and it’s a good chance to see how skillfully these talented athletes negotiate the course.
3. When your team-mate is out riding, you get to relax, hang out with friends at the start/finish area, and watch the progress of the other teams. “Enduro and Team Relay events are credited with the revival of mountain bike racing in recent years, mainly as a result of their participation and festival nature”.
So if you have never participated in an Epic 8 Hour, it’s a good chance to give it a try, challenge yourself, meet some other riders, and celebrate our sport!
For all the event details and registration visit www.epic8hour.ca here.
We look forward to an awesome fall day of fun and great riding!