September 01, 2016 (Barrie, ON) – The Fall Epic 8 Hour MTB Relay at Hardwood Ski & Bike on September 24th. Below are some important deadlines and reminders for you to take full advantage or early entry options.
– Early Entry Deadline Monday Sept 5th – Enter by Sept 5th to save on entry fees!
– Enter by Saturday Sept 17 and get your Team Name on personalized number plates!
– Cool Custom Epic 8 Hour Socks to the first 500 riders!
– Final Entry Deadline is Wed. Sept. 21 at Midnight – there is NO entry after this time.
For all the event details and easy On-Line Registration see www.epic8hour.ca.
We look forward to an awesome autumn day of fun and great riding!
The course for the Fall Epic 8 Hour will be marked and open for pre-riding as of Sept 16th.
The course map will be available at Hardwood Front Desk. The Epic 8 Hour course is open for pre-riding during regular Hardwood hours of operation only, and regular trail fees apply until Friday Sept 23. Group discounts are available for teams and clubs. Please see the Hardwood website for complete hours and trail fees.
Why do an Epic 8 Hour?
There are several reasons why its’ more fun than a conventional race.
- Because the Epic 8 Hour is defined by time, not distance, nobody finishes “last”. All riders finish at about the same time. Slower riders can ride at their own pace without feeling like they are “holding up” anyone. Faster riders who want a good workout can put in more laps and ride more distance.
- In a conventional race, most of us never see the faster riders after the start line, and never see them in action at all. In an Epic 8 Hour, most of us will get passed by faster riders at some point. These “fast guys and girlz” are inspiring to watch, and it’s a good chance to see how skillfully these talented athletes negotiate the course.
- When your team-mate is out riding, you get to relax, hang out with friends at the start/finish area, and watch the progress of the other teams.
“Enduro and Team Relay events are credited with the revival of mountain bike racing in recent years, mainly as a result of their participation and festival nature”.
So if you have never participated in an Epic 8 Hour, it’s a good chance to give it a try, challenge yourself, meet some other riders, and celebrate our sport!
For all the event details and registration click here.