November 01, 2011 – The focus for the Coordinator, Community Outreach position is to support the day to day activities of the Community Outreach function at TO2015, including: stakeholder engagement, planning and delivery of programs and events, and building interest in the Toronto 2015 Pan/Para Pan American Games. Reporting to the Director, Community Outreach the incumbent will work collaboratively with a small team to build relationships, programs and legacy for the Games through various initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities
– Coordinate and execute multiple initiatives (events, programs, etc.) targeted to diverse stakeholder groups.
– Assess the effectiveness of programs in relation to the overall TO2015 outreach strategy of positively engaging stakeholders and increasing interest in community and sport.
– Organize and attend various community-based meetings and events across the Greater Golden Horseshoe to share information about the Games and/or solicit feedback.
– Act as an ambassador of the organization with the community at large so as to ensure positive relations and support.
– Develop and support multiple stakeholder relationships to build awareness and support for the Games.
– Work collaboratively with volunteers and community members to execute on community based programming initiatives.
– Support other projects and initiatives of the External Partnerships and Community Outreach Department as needed.
Type of Position: Full Time – Employee
Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games