June 3, 2011 (Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian Cycling Association is proud to unveil the team who will compete at the 26th edition of the prestigious Tour de Beauce, a category UCI 2.2 race held from June 14-19, 2011. The team of eight riders is headlined by Dominique Rollin of Boucherville, QC, who rides for the UCI pro-continental team Francaise-Des-Jeux. Rollin, who fractured his right collarbone in a crash on the fifth and last stage of the ‘4 jours de Dunkerque’ stage race in France, will be making his comeback at the Tour de Beauce.
“After a few tough weeks of doing rollers inside when it was +30 and sunny outside, I just got back on my bike outside on the roads and I am seeing my form coming back quickly,” said Dominique Rollin. “I am really excited to come back to racing, and there is not a better way for me to comeback in a race that I truly enjoy and know, the Tour de Beauce.”
In addition to Rollin, Rob Britton of the Bissell Pro cycling Team, Nic Hamilton of the Jelly Belly Cycling Team will also be present, leaving their pro-team to race for Canada. Both riders are fresh off the 2011 Amgen Tour of California.
Jacob Schwingboth, Cody Campbell, Adam Thuss and Cody Canning are completing Canada’s team.
“We are fortunate to have a high calibre Canadian presence in this prestigious international event. We will be looking to achieve our goal of scoring UCI America Tour points to improve Canada’s ranking,” said Matthew Knight, road coordinator at the Canadian Cycling Association.
The race starts on June 14, and ends June 19. The six-stage race will be approximately 750kilometers in total, and includes a 20-km time trial race on June 17. For more information on the Tour de Beauce, please visit here.
Canadian Team at the 2011 Tour de Beauce
– Dominique Rollin (Française Des Jeux)
– Rob Britton (Bissell Pro Cycling)
– Nicholas Hamilton (Jelly Belly Cycling Team)
– Jacob Schwingboth
– Cody Campbell
– Adam Thuss
– Cody Canning
Stages at the 2011 Tour de Beauce
– Stage 1 – June 14 – Lac Etchemin-Lac Etchemin (165km)
– Stage 2 – June 15 – Thetford Mines-Thetford Mines (162km)
– Stage 3 – June 16 – Saint-Georges-Mont Mégantic (153km)
– Stage 4 – June 17 – St-René (Time Trials 20km)
– Stage 5 – June 18 – Urban course, Ville de Québec (125 km)
– Stage 6 – June 19 – Urban course, Ville de St-Georges (125km)
Jerseys at the 2011 Tour de Beauce
– Yellow Jersey – Race Leader, General Classification
– Polka-dot Jersey – Best Climber
– Red Jersey – Best Young Rider
– White Jersey – Points Leader
– Blue Jersey – Winner, Ville de Québec Stage