June 10, 2013 (Saint Jude, QC) – The Défis Gaston Langlois road race, part of the Tour de la Montérégie series, took place yesterday near St-Hyacinthe on a 28.5km loop. The Elite women completed three laps for a total of 85.5km with Jos Heppell (Iris) scoring the win in a solo effort in a time of 2:19:57.00. Ma Blais (Infinit Canada/Cyclepower) won the bunch sprint for second, followed by Cat Dessureault (Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery) in third.
In the 142.5km Elite men’s race, Simon Lambert Lemay (Garneau-Québécor) snagged the win in a neck-and-neck finish with William Blackburn (Médique p/b Silbert Investment) in a time of 3:38:29.65. Michal Midarsky (EKOI/Devinci) took third spot only two seconds behind the leaders.
1. Jos Heppell (Iris) 2:19:57.00
2. Ma Blais (Infinit Canada/Cyclepower) 1:08.00
3. Cat Dessureault (Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery)
4. Hel Pilote Fortin (Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery)
5. Aliz Brien (GSD Gestion-Kallisto-Specialized)
Elite women full results HERE.
1. Simon Lambert Lemay (Garneau-Québécor) 3:38:29.65
2. William Blackburn (Médique p/b Silbert Investment)
3. Michal (EKOI/Devinci) 0:02.09
4. William Goodfellow (GURU) 5:52.76
5. Claude Crépeau (IRIS)
Elite men full results HERE.
Full results all categories HERE.