December 19, 2013 (Burnaby, BC) – There are still a few spaces left for the BVC/Cycling BC youth track cycling camp being held in conjunction with the Burnaby 4 Day, Dec. 27-30. If you have a child between the ages of 11-18 interested in learning from some of the best instructors in the area, be sure to sign them up. To learn more click here. Still on a push bike? No problem, be sure to bring them out for the Kiddie Kilo on Saturday or Monday evenings during racing. For the schedule click here.
The Burnaby Velodrome Club and Cycling BC are pleased to bring back the December Youth Development Camp held in conjunction with the Burnaby 4 Day. The camp’s focus is to work on developing youth between the ages of 11-18.
Registration for the camp is $150 and includes:
- Daily coached workouts (an emphasis on team pursuit and team sprint)
- Bike rental
- Daily in-class discussions with speakers ranging from Steph Roorda and Laura Brown (World Cup medalists and Canadian Women’s team pursuit record holders) to Richard Wooles (Cycling BC CEO and former Canadian National Track Coach).
- Race registration for the Burnaby 4 Day
- A chance to connect with peers and have a blast!
For a full schedule click here.
- Register for the appropriate race by logging in as a track user and clicking on “Race Registrations”
- Select the correct category and pay
- Bring a check to the camp made out to the Burnaby Velodrome Club for the remaining balance of $75
- Watch for email updates regarding the camp